Encounter 16: Crimson Tundra

Now let's have our questions be answered.

Don't forget to vote or comment your reactions. I will appreciate it since your feedback matters to me in writing the next chapters. v(^∀^*)

------------

"Confess to him, then I'll make him yours by making you a ghost."

"What do you mean?" Spade was puzzled hearing the words of the client to him.

"You look sick son, are you eating well?"

"Uh..yes, I am. Thank you for your concern." The young deputy manager was getting confused with all the word play the client was doing.

The madam took out something from his bag and placed it above the table which serves as a divider between them.

"This is a device that can intercept any signals that your belt was sending."

"Huh?"

"You are bugged, son. Don't worry, with this, no one can hear and see us. Your whole office is now invisible to those prying eyes and ears. Now, let me introduce myself again to you." The woman smiled at him as she crossed her legs.

Spade was getting nervous all of a sudden because of what he learned. He was being monitored! By whom? When did it start? He was having all of those questions inside his head but he stayed focused because his instinct was telling him that the woman in front of him was not just an ordinary client.

"I am Jian Thavarajoti, owner of the Steel Scale Group of Companies and leader of the Reptiles, the second largest mafia group in Thailand."

The deputy manager turned pale. His heart was not ready for this.

"Scared?"

"You are not doing anything to hurt me, so, I guess I'm not."

"Hahahahaha! I like you boy. Sure you turned pale upon hearing who I am but you are still composed. There are only a few people who won't tremble when they hear my name, but you are also brave."

"It's a pleasure for me then. But... madam, why are you...?"

"I told you, you are being watched. You know my son right? Spark Davignon?"

This time, hearing the name of his boss made his heart beat so loud. "His son? Is this real?" his mind was about to blow because of so many thoughts running inside his head.

"That kid is so stubborn but I never see him so desperate. He won't call me even if he's in trouble but one day, he called me and asked a favor. I can't remember the last time he did that. I got curious so I snooped around then, luckily, I found you. Do you like him?"

Without any warning, a dart was shot at him. What a straightforward woman. Spade stuttered. "I...uhmm, what do you..I mean.."

"Oh come on! I know everything. If you like him, I can help you. But, do you really like him even though he's a bastard? I mean, he is my son but he's stubborn and all. He already had a son too. Oh, but don't mind Yvie, they are not meant for each other. I heard you are good with Heal, so everything is settled then."

"Wait! Wait, madam...may I..."

"Yes dear? Want me to help you? But if you agree to it, you need to be a ghost though."

"Huh?" Spade can't even catch up to what was Spark's mother was spouting about.

Jian Thavarajoti became serious all of a sudden. She looked at Spade straight in the eyes. "Son, are you aware that you are dying?"

Spade's eyes widen. The shock in his face can be easily seen but he tried to stay calm and answered the question. "Yes, I know."

"I'm surprised that you're even aware of it. When did you find out?"