Encounter 18: Rejuvenating Reunion

A/N:UPDATE!! Yey! Because, there are no class, no work, then, I have some free time.

P.S. I recommend you to play the song while reading. hehe

--------

"Young master, please do eat your dinner. You can't look for him if you are neglecting your health." Tome served Spark's dinner because the latter haven't had any food since yesterday. If he won't remind Spark to take a bath, he would also forget to take one. Slowly, he's starting to look like a hermit again.

"I don't even have the slightest idea where he is. I'm thinking whether he was eating well or feeling well right now. Just thinking that he was suffering alone torments my whole being." Spark was slowly rotting away on his own.

"He will be fine because he's under Mammoth's custody. If you continue to neglect your own health, how can you look for him? Will he even be happy seeing you like this?"

Spark can only shed a tear. He took the tray where his food was placed and shoved a spoonful of food in his mouth. "I'll find him no matter what. I have to."

Tome can feel the determination of the young master but the grief he was feeling was also oozing out that all of them who went together with Spark can feel it too.

It has been a month already since Spark arrived in Russia to desperately look for Spade but it seems like the world is against him. He couldn't get any lead where the headquarters of the Mammoth is located.

He looks untidy, just like what he used to look when he first met Spade, an untidy homeless looking man. He misses those old days, those times when he was teasing the deputy manager because of his innocence. How did they end up like this?

While he was busy searching for Spade, the latter has finally entered the final and last stage of his medication. The day has finally come and they will know whether he was already cured or not yet.

The resident doctors of the Mammoth came out from their laboratory and met everyone in the meeting room. Ivan, Spade and Jian were there to listen to the announcement. A video call was also rolling from the headquarters of Mammoth, Gwen wanted to witness it all as well.

Opening the folded paper, the chief doctor exhaled deeply. "Mr. Spade Daojatti..." everyone was tense. Spade was especially shaking on his own. "...Congratulations, you are now free and fully cured."

Tears fell down on Spade's face. The crowd from Russia were shouting with joy, Ivan was smiling proudly, while Jian embraced Spade.

"Thank goodness, you are free now." Jian was also shedding her tears.

Spade can only nod his head. It feels like his burden was lifted and he can finally breathe without anything threatening him for living his life.

That night, a celebration was held. Foods overflowed, wines and alcohol were unlimited, and everyone was smiling. It was another victory for the Mammoths. Spade shared his happiness with everyone but after getting quite drunk, he decided to call it a night.

As he laid down on his bed, he raised his left hand that was wrapped by bandages ever since he became a ghost. People wondered whether it was an injury but, he never really confirmed it. Slowly, he unwrapped it revealing his bare left hand with a small tattoo placed below and in between the index and thumb finger, a shield.

"Thank you for making me strong."

Spark was startled and his sleep was interrupted when he heard Spade's voice thanking him. "If you would like to thank me, then, let me see you now." It was a dream. It felt real but at the same time, it's painful because it was a dream.