Chap. 4: Hello

Emily's heart pounds in her ears. She forces every step forward as feels like running out of Taylor Enterprises. She examines the inside of the building.

Same old black marble walls and flooring. Emily thinks to herself, Same old black leather coaches in the waiting room.

Memories of when Christian would have her wait as he took up meeting or had to talk to other business CEO's over the phone. Emily walks up to the front desk to a new secretary.

             Christian probably exiled Georgette because knew all his secrets that had to do with me and he wanted to keep her quiet too. Emily thinks sadly.

               "Hello, I'm here for a scheduled 11:30 appointment with Mr. Taylor." Emily tries to keep her voice even, failing to do so.

                 The secretary, whose name reads April Wilson on her desk name plate, smiles at Emily. "Alright, all I need is your name and the business that sent you."

Emily can barely choke out her words. "Em-Emily East, And I'm from the Daily Delilah."

April gives Emily a confused look but shrugs it off. She types Emily's name and business into the computer before asking her to sit down in the waiting room. Emily does so, her hands shaking. She tries to take deep breaths in to calm herself. She fears she will mess the interview up and Mr. Hardon will fire her.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

              The sound of April's heels clicking against the marble floor of Christian's office makes him look up from his screen. He heavily sighs at her, not wanting to be disturbed by anyone.

            "Sir, your 11:30 is here." April says cheerfully, smiling wide. "Are you ready for your interview?"

               Christian shakes his head at his secretary. "No, reschedule it for another time."

                 April nods. "Alright, I'll tell Miss East so."

                 The name East caught Christian off guard. He rose from his seat, his heart racing. Internally panicking. 

                "Did you just say... Miss East?" Christian says wearily, "Thin, brunette, a buttery soft voice?"

                April gives her boss a confused look. "Yes?"

               Christian plops down into his office chair in shock. It had only been the day before he found out he had broke things off with Emily over false accusations. Now she's in his office to give an interview. Something doesn't settle in Christian's stomach.

            How strange it is that I find out about her innocence and she automatically appears back in my life? Christian thinks, I'll have to test the waters before I dare trust to take a sip.

             Christian nods to April. "Send her in."

              The billionaire suddenly creates a plan in his mind of how he will play the interview out with Emily.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

               April guides Emily into Christian's office. Emily's hands shake as she comes closer to his office doors.

           The doors of doom. Emily thinks to herself.

              April opens the door, stretching a wide smile and stands up straighter so her bosoms appear larger. Emily rolls her eyes at the woman in disgust, holding back a gag.