Chap. 41: If That Is What You Wish

* picture of Emily at the waterfall *

While Emily waited on her bodyguards to get ready for their journey to the waterfall, she searched through the 15 full notes Christian had sent with her for information about the island. She found the information in a notebook that had jungle leafs as the design on the cover.

       The brunette skins through the pages, intending to read every word that has been written in the letters & notes by Christian. Happy walks into the brunette's bedroom, nodding to her.

           "We're ready to go, Miss East." Happy says to her.

            "Okay." Emily nods her head. "And it's Emily, not Miss East."

              Happy crosses his arms at her. "If the staff and I make it a habit to calling you informally and we address you in front of Mr. Taylor, bossman may not take it too kindly."

            Emily decides to take the notebook with her in her leather backpack with her two cameras and a blank notebook.

               "This is actually my island now, as written in ink by Mr. Taylor himself." Emily says sassily, "And I say that everyone calls each other by a first name basis...Christian can just deal with it."

            "And how do you think he'd feel about you saying that?" Happy says curiously.

           The brunette gives him a smug look before walking past him. "He's not here to hear it, remember?"

           Happy scoffs, shaking his head. He turns and follows the brunette as she heads towards the stairwell.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

As Zephyr guides Emily and Happy through the jungle of Island of East, they take in the beautiful nature. They follow the river that will lead to the waterfall Zephyr had spoke of. The brunette wonders how many times Christian had walked down this path before on his way to his private getaway from his private island getaway.

             Emily frowns. Only if Christian were here....

             "How long will it be, Zephyr?" Happy calls from behind Emily.

           Emily spots a flock of red parrot flying with a couple of toucans. She smiles at this, wondering what other creatures could she discover on the island.

             "We will get there, impatient man." Zephyr rolls his eyes at Happy.

               "Are there any animals on the island?" Emily says hopefully, "I just saw parrots and toucans flying out of those trees back there."

                Zephyr nods. "Yeah, there are more animals on this island than I am really aware of."

                  Emily smiles brightly. Did Christian purposely put the animals on the island for my benefit?

                  "I am certain that there is a small herd of elephants that roam the jungle everyday and a iguanas that stay near the beach." Zephyr grabs onto a rock for balance as they walk, "Not that it's any of my business, but what exactly did Mr. Taylor write in all of his notes and letters?"

         Emily arches her brow in suspicion. "How do you know about the letters?"

           "A few weeks ago, when the shootings started, I saw Mr. Taylor writing in notebooks and he had envelopes...I just assumed they were to you." Zephyr explains.