Chap. 54: I'm Going To Go Get Emily

*picture of Christian Taylor and background music above *

The sun shines down on the jungle. Christian sits on the beach with a bottle of tequila and a pack of cigarettes. He takes a large drink and groans as the liquor burns down his throat. He stares out at the aqua blue ocean as he takes a puff of the burning cigarette.

                 Flashes of the night before replays through Christian's mind. The brunette's words continues to haunt him, leaving him leaving him broken.

You promised me you'd never send me away again! You said you loved me! Emily had screamed at him as Conrad and Felix dragged her away. You're a motherfricking liar!

Christian's heart was ripped out of his chest and he's been heartless since. He forbid Happy to resign, rubbing it in the dark-skinned man's face that he had a contract with him that he couldn't get out of. Though he'd never admit it out loud, the billionaire regrets letting Emily go. He wishes he had just held onto her tighter instead of easily letting her go.

                 Felix walks out to where the billionaire sits in his lawn chair. Christian holds his hand up to stop him.

"Don't." Christian let out a shaky sigh, putting the bottle to his lips. "It's over with. She's gone...so don't."

"Sir?" Felix says urgently, "We just received a message from your personal email."

              Christian sighs. "Is it that Emily arrived at the airport?"

                "No, she's been kidnapped."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Christian and the bodyguards are gathered around in the movie room. The projector light flashes on the wall.

"Hey Chrissy!" Christian shivers at the sound of Kaley's shrill like voice, her face cartoon like. "Guess what I have!"

              In the video, Kaley moves aside to reveal Emily. Christian's heart drops to his stomach at the sight of Emily tied up in a chair. She has bruises on her face and she's crying.

            "God, what has she done to you?" Christian says to Emily, desperation in his voice.

"If you want to see her alive again, and I know you do," Kaley taunts Christian, "then meet me at midnight tomorrow at Briar Hill warehouses."

Then the video cuts off. The light of the project dims. Conrad turns the room light on. Each of the bodyguards looks to the billionaire.

"They have Miss East." Happy says to Christian, "She's dangling Miss East right in front of you."

"Happy—" Felix starts to say.

"Nah man!" Happy says angrily, "You lost your temper yet again and played right into this sick bitch's plan! Whatcha going to do now?"

"What's he supposed to do?" Conrad says annoyed.

Christian shakes his head, rubbing his face with his hands. He doesn't answer any of the men. His thoughts scream loudly in his mind.

"She had her chance..." Felix says to Happy, crossing his arms. "Now she's just going to have to figure out how to get herself out of her own mess."

Christian sharply turns to the ash blonde with daggers in his eyes and brows knit together. "Say shit like that again and I'll cut your tongue off and make you a mute."

Felix's cheeks flush red. He takes a step back, closing his mouth shut. Christian unsteadily stand to his feet, holding onto the seats.

"What are you going to do, Bossman?" Conrad says curiously.

"Boys, I've got an appointment tomorrow at midnight." Christian announces as he begins to stumble up the stairs. "I'm afraid that I may luck out on this business deal."

"Bossman!" Conrad says with horror, "You can't possibly—"

"Silence!" The billionaire silences him, "Have Esmeralda pack some of my things. I'm going to go get Emily."

Hey readers! Sorry for the short chapter but I wanted to push the story further. I will update soon!