Chap. 39: Come In

The mansion is silent, dark. The billionaire sits in his home office, drinking whiskey as he goes through private files on his laptop. Christian feels empty on the inside without a beautiful brunette walking barefoot on his vinyl floors. His first night after he had sent Emily away was hard. The bed was cold, bigger than before. His mind stayed awake as he had laid there staring up at the ceiling regretting sending his beloved girlfriend to his favorite hideaway location that he rarely ever visited. He took to the liquor bottles to keep himself from thinking about her absence, but it only made it worse.

A knock at the door brings back Christian's attention. The billionaire grabs a small handgun from underneath his desk, putting it off safety.

"Come in." Christian calls.

The office doors open to reveal Blade and Felix. Relief fills Christian, he puts the handgun back on safety. He sets it on his desk, leaning back as he messages his aching head.

"What is it?" Christian sighs sadly.

"We've got photos of some suspicious characters that have been lurking around not only Taylor Manor, but Taylor Enterprises as well." Felix drops a large, yellow envelope in front of Christian. "Mr. Taylor, Sir? Blade, Conrad, Knuckles, and I all believe that there's more than just one person whose after you and Miss East."

Christian grabs a letter opener that is also a weapon knife. He cuts the envelope open and takes the photos out. He carefully looks through the blown up pictures from the security cameras. He sees Brody in several of the pictures, along with a tall man with a hood covering his face. In other pictures, there's a similar masked figure but this figure is greatly smaller in size.

It's too small to be a man. Christian thinks suspiciously, It has to be a jealous ex whose upset over me taking Emily back. But which one would be dumb enough to team up with Brody? I've had so many women...

Christian flips to the last photo, his entire body freezing. His cheeks begin to turn a light shade of red. Anger boils in his stomach. His chest rises and falls at an uneven rate as he begins to foam at the mouth.

The picture is the smaller figure climbing up the back security walls to the mansion.

That's smart on their part. Christian nods, his hands shaking with anger. They knew they wouldn't be seen sneaking in from the back. Emily's old bedroom faces the back of the mansion...so they had an idea where Emily could be! Perhaps they thought that if they could get their hands on her, they'd be able to control me. Brody has never been in my house—as far as I'm aware of—so that means this smaller figure of a person—particularly a woman—has been in my house before. They knew where Emily could be and they felt comfortable enough to put that damn rat on my dining room table.

Christian wipes a hand over his beard in thought. The bodyguards stand there watching their boss as the billionaire tries to think of a woman who would want to desperately hurt Emily to hurt him. He comes up with a million answer but none smart enough to pull it off themselves. Then he freezes.

What if the intruder had been upstairs while Emily and I were sleeping? Chills run up and down Christian's back. Did the sick frick watch us as we cuddled? Is that what that sound was? The creaking?

Christian grabs the knife and slams it down onto the smaller figure climbing up the security wall in the back of the mansion. The bodyguards both jump at Christian's actions, seeing the wildness in his eyes.

"I want two of my men to follow Brody Matthews around until they find anything that would cause a suspicion." Christian growls angrily, teeth gritting. "Brody Matthews wants to destroy me and if he thinks that he can get away with threatening Emily to get to me, that sick frick as got another damn thing coming to him! Now go!"

The two bodyguards walk out of the home office, shutting the doors behind them. Christian shakes his head angrily, thinking about someone being in his house without his knowledge. And for them to be there while he slept with Emily in his arms as well. Christian grabs the half full bottle of whiskey by the neck and angrily throws it across the room at the office doors. The bottle shatters into a million little pieces.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

          Warm water hits Christian's back as he lathers his body with his soap. The smell reminds him of Emily. He grabs the bottle of whiskey he has in the shower and takes a large drink.

         Suddenly, small hands lightly snake their way under his arms and hold his chest and abs. The billionaire jumps at this, quickly turning around. His body freezes and his eyes widen at the sight of Emily standing there completely naked. His penis hardens into a tight erection, making him groan.

          "Em...Emily? What are you doing here?" Christian asks confused, concerned about her safety. "How did you get back—"

          Suddenly, Emily kisses the billionaire. His heart races at the feel of her skin against his again. He grabs her smooth thighs and pulls it up to his waist. He shoves his tongue into her mouth, holding her face as he begins to thrust inside her body. He feels warmth all around him, smiling into the passionate kiss. But something doesn't feel quite the same. He takes his lips off hers, holding her face gently.

        "Emily?" Christian says confused, his brows furrowing in confusion, "Emily, say something."

       Emily's lips open, words beginning to fall off the tip of her tongue when someone grabs Christian's shoulder.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

        Christian jumps, eyes wide and feet kicking as he gasps and grasp onto anything. He frantically looks around, seeinhe is in his office. He turns to see Felix standing there beside him with a tired expression. He glares up at the younger man, shoving him away.

         "Get the frick off of me!" Christian says coldly.

           "You fell asleep in your office again, Sir." Felix explains.

          Christian slicks his hair back, calming down. "Emily was here."

             "When?" Felix asks.

             "Just now." Christian says confused.

              "Sir, you were dreaming." Felix says to him, "Emily has been gone for two whole days."

             Christian stares at the man in disbelief. He looks back to his desk and thinks for a long, hard time. Then it hits him hard in the chest.

                It wasn't real. Emily wasn't here and I'm all alone once again. Christian shakes his head, sadness in his face. God, I miss her so bad.

         Hey readers! So I'm terrible at details because I like to reveal stuff all at once and I don't know how to stop myself, especially when writing 😂😂😂. But I am trying to reveal more so you all won't be confused while you read each chapter.
Also, to further explain, Christian isn't trying to imprison Emily. He's trying to protect her the best he can while he figures out whose behind the shooting and death threats. Certain things have to be kept secret for a reason! Not only for Christian's sake, but possibly for Emily's as well!
P.S. in case my readers don't understand, Christian had planned 7 months ago to give Emily the island to her for her birthday and the gifts inside for Christmas. But Seth and Hiram had pinned Emily with false evidence that enraged him to send her & Kaley into exile. The presents had been placed there in the mansion specially for Emily and Christian didn't have the heart to have her presents move.