Chap. 17: Fine

(picture of Emily above)

After rummaging through the boxes, seeing everything that had been in her bedroom in her apartment, Emily dragged the boxes to her old chamber. It's the farthest room from Christian's bedroom in the house. The walls are painted pure white, a large bed with a chandelier hanging down. Pictures are hung against the circular wall of her bedroom.

                          It's fancy like a hotel suite. Emily thinks to herself.

                         She steps further inside and sets her boxes that contains her belongings onto her old bed. She opens them all open to see her clothes, shoes, accessories, a few decorations, and a few pictures. No bedsheets nor bed frame to be found. Emily frowns.

                       Did Christian have my old bed burned? Emily thinks.

                    The brunette spots the guest room bathroom and decides to strip down. She grabs some clothes and undergarments, tiptoeing to the shower.

                • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

After signing off on private scandal that will silence Mr. Hardon forever, Christian decided that it would be best if he went home early. He didn't realize how much fear he caused Emily. Happy called and told the billionaire that Emily tried to fight for her life and thought Christian sent men to murder her. Ever since that phone call, Christian wondered what Emily really thought of him. If she thought he was just a ruthless womanizer or a cold-blooded monster. He blames his previous actions when he exiled both Emily and her best friend, Kaley Fields, over an accusation. He sent them to live in a rough place where the streets are littered with prostitutes, rapist, high crime rates, and the homeless. Regret eats Christian alive, reminding him that he is a cold-blooded, cruel monster.

Christian steps into the mansion with a large bag of Chinese takeout. He remembered Emily loved Chinese but not exactly which dish. So he bought a little of everything. This was also a piece offering to Emily, considering he had scared the daylights out of her before he left. He had his hands around her neck, after all.

"Emily!" Christian calls for the brunette, "Emily, come see me in the dining room!"

Christian goes to the dining room and sets the food down on a placemat so he won't leave any markings on the mahogany wood. He takes the styrofoam boxes out and places them all around on place mats. The billionaire wonders how it would feel to have Emily bent over the dinning room table or him on top of her as they rock each other's bodies on top of the mahogany table. The thought gives Christian a mild boner. He looks towards the living room that connects to the entryway of the mansion. He doesn't see Emily.

Maybe she's asleep. Christian thinks. Or hiding from me.

Christian walks to the grand stairwell, hiking up the steps. "Emily, Baby, where are you? Are you hiding from me?"

                      The billionaire looks down the long hallway, hearing nothing but the echoes of his voice. He walks down the hallway, hoping Emily is asleep in his bed. But when he walks inside, it's empty. Panic fills Christian. He goes to his master bathroom and walk-in closet. When he downstairs find Emily, he searches each room in the hallway.