Chap. 68: He's One

A year had passed since Emily gave birth to Jaxon. The infant had began to crawl and could stand to his feet as long as he had something to hold onto. His eyes had went from dark grey to blue, his hair blonde. He began to talk as well, his first words being "Dada".

Abigail Jane wanted to throw a huge party for Jaxon's first birthday but Emily rejected the idea. Christian and the brunette had both agreed that having parties in their house was not a comforting idea. So they decided to have a photoshoot for their son's first birthday and cake.

As they waited for the photographer to arrive, they all dressed for their family photoshoot and Jaxon's first birthday. Emily dressed little boy in jeans, letting the baby go shirtless. Christian wore a tight, white t-shirt and loose fitting jeans, as did Emily. Only Emily wore a tight tank top. They all went barefoot to have the rustic look.

                The photoshoot was set in a meadow near the mansion. The family took several rounds of poses with each other as well as Jaxon eating with his birthday cake and playing with his new toys. After the photoshoot, Emily gave the one-year-old a bath before putting him down for a nap.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

          Emily stands outside on the porch on the second floor

          Emily stands outside on the porch on the second floor. Her dark eyes star up at the crescent moon in the black sky. The brunette wonders how long it would take for her to walk to the moon and back. The sound of the master bedroom door creaking disrupts Emily from her thoughts. She turns her head slightly to the side, hearing footsteps behind her on the porch.

       Strong arms wrap tightly around her. Emily closes her eyes as Christian begins to lightly sway them. His lips brushes over her ear, his hot breath tickling her ear.

        "Why are you standing out here all alone?" Christian says in her hair.

            "I was just thinking..." Emily confesses as she stares up at the moon again, "How long do you think it take for me to walk to the moon and back?"

               "Are you thinking about leaving Jaxon and I?" Christian says with a smile, slight concern in his voice.

                "No." The brunette smirks, "I'd come back after walking half a mile."

                Christian turns Emily around, his fingers tilting her head up. She bats her innocent eyes up at him, giving the billionaire a small smile. He wraps his arms around her body,  pulling her right into his embrace. The scent of Christian's cologne fills her nostrils, sandalwood and leather. Emily kisses his chest.

              "Where's Jaxon?" Emily says curiously, "I'm surprised you haven't pumped him with more birthday cake."

                 Christian snorts. "It's his birthday, Em."

                    She grins, arching her brow. "Were you the one who fought him to take a nap?"

                 "Why are you really out here?" Christian kisses her forehead, rubbing her back.

               "It's been a year and a half, Christian." Emily sighs heavily, looking up into his eyes. "And I still have nightmares."

                  "I know." Christian nods to her, brushing his thumb over her cheeks. "They will go away...eventually."

                  The brunette lightly shakes her head. "I look at Jaxon and think...he was inside me when Kaley—"

                 "Shhh!" Christian roughly silences her, being gentle as he continues. "Don't even talk like that. It's all over. You and Jaxon are safe here...this isn't Drysdale."

                 Emily slowly nods. "Will we ever be able to have people over? Have Jaxon's friends over?"

                 "Honey," Christian smirks down at her smugly, "We are Jaxon's only friends."

                "But he'll make new friends when he starts preschool." Emily stares off into the night, "He'll want to join the soccer team and he'll make more friends...he'll meet some girl and fall madly in love with her. Jaxon will bring her home to meet us and he'll want us to meet her parents and soon, we'll help pay for the wedding...and before we know it, we'll have a grandchild who we never thought was possible and our lives will be over before we know it."

               "Emily," Christian lifts her chin, "he's one."

              "And tomorrow he'll be going on 18 and I still wipe his ass." She smirks up at him, "I don't want us to be the overprotective parents who embarrass him."

                "You know what happened the last time I was that reckless." Christian says firmly, "I almost lost you."

                  "I'm not saying we let him roam free...but give him more space than you have ever given me." Christian pulls her even tighter against him, making her blush automatically. "Promise me you'll let him be a normal kid with equal opportunities and friends."

                 Christian's brows furrow. "Em, what's going on? Why do you sound like you're saying goodbye? What are you not telling me?"

                The brunette smirks, rubbing her hand up his chest. "I'm not going anywhere...Mr. Taylor may punish me."

                 The grip Christian has on Emily tightens. His hands slip down and undoes her jeans that falls to the floor. He gives her a dark look. Emily bites her lip.

                "Would you like me to surprise you, Mr. Taylor?" Emily goes for his jeans, feeling his mild erection.

               Christian grabs her hands firmly, making the brunette jump. His dark eyes stew down at her with throat drying lust and darkness. Emily recognizes the look from so long ago, but she always feel small and intimidated by his dominant stare.

               "No, Miss East. I would not "like" for you to surprise me. You know I hate surprises." Christian says in a husky voice, his hot breath waving over her face. "What I would like is for you to be spread wide on your back on my bed with your hands cuffed above your head."

             Emily nervously gulps, drops of sweat roll down her temple. She blinks, her chest rises and falling heavy. Christian leans in close to her face, hating the innocent look she is giving him. He cannot stop his want to corrupt that small fragment of innocence within her.

           "Did I stutter?" Christian says sharply, making Emily shiver in the warm Southern air.

             "No, Sir." Emily starts to go to the bedroom when Christian grabs her bicep, whipping her back around.

               "Again." Christian says darkly, unsatisfied with her answer.

               "No, Mr. Taylor, sir." Emily says correctly, wanting to feel his warmth again.

                 He expectantly motions for her to go into their bedroom and obey his command. Emily quickly goes. The billionaire stares at her frame as she goes, wanting nothing more than to rip her apart. Christian turns to the moon, narrowing his brows.

             "Pff, walk to the moon shit." Christian sighs heavily, shaking his head as he goes to the bedroom door. "She just wanted an excuse to get me alone."

Hey readers! I am almost done with this story but a brand new adventure is well on its way! Keep reading though because this story isn't quite over yet.