Chap. 11: Everything You Ever Wanted

(Picture of Emily & Christian above)

Emily sits on her bed, researching different hygienic health concerns she may need to know one day. She wrinkles her nose at the gory pictures of genital warts and boils on the vaginas on her screen. She shuts it quickly, feeling nauseous.

"Emily!" The off sounding tone in Kaley's voice makes Emily alert.

The brunette quickly stands but slowly walks out into the hallway. She peaks her head out into the front room in the conjoined living room and kitchen. Kaley stands at their apartment door in her jammies with wide eyes and a panicked face. A dark and bald man in a slick black suit stands at the door. He wears a permanent frown on his face, his eyes slanted lazily. Serious.

One name comes to Emily's mind when she sees the bodyguard looking man: Christian Taylor. She sighs and crosses her arms as she walks up to the man.

"Yes? May we help you?" Emily says, wishing it was Christian at her door and not one of his hired men.

"Are you Miss Emily East?" The man says simply.

Emily nods. "Yes?"

"Mr. Taylor has arranged a late interview for you." The man says.

Emily smirks. At 11 o'clock at night? Yeah, I know exactly what Christian has arranged in his mind.

The brunette nods to him. "Just let me change."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

The car ride was smooth. Emily watches the crowded streets of Drysdale out the backseat window. She wore a sexy slip dress to impress Christian. She knows it's a risky move but she knows that one of the colors that Christian finds the most attractive on any woman is black. Red is the second.

Emily looks at the bodyguard who is her chauffeur for the evening. She wonders if Christian had fired his previous staff and mysteriously made them disappear into thin air after he exiled both Kaley and her. With a curious smile dancing on her lips, Emily leans forward until she is in the window of the front seat.

"Can I ask you a question?" Emily says with pouty lips.

The man barely blinks. "Depends. What is your question?"

"Did Christian force you to escort me tonight against your will or am I just lucky?" Even though it wasn't unintended to be flirting, the man did not take it as so.

"Mr. Taylor made it very clear that he wanted you safely brought to his office without much time." The man looks back at Emily. "So I guess you're just lucky."

"Typical men." The brunette rolls her eyes, smiling. "Can you at least give me your name?"

There is silence for the longest of times. Emily sits back, accepting that the man had enough of their brief conversation.

"Happy." The man says, surprising Emily, "Happy Thompson."

Emily looks at him in his mirror, thinking out loud. "Irony. I like it."

In that moment, a small smile dances on the man's, Happy, lips.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •