Chapter 21 ~

Kaleb's POV

"Nope! Not happening." I say as Layla frowns and walks back into the dressing room.

"Kaleb, why not?" Whitney exclaims. "She looks gorgeous in that dress.

"N-O. No. No way in hell am I going to let her wear that. It's way too revealing. Every guy there will be staring at her."

"What's the problem with that, Kaleb? Her bruises are all finally gone and she's beautiful. Let's her show herself off a little."

"I said no, Whitney. I don't want other guys staring at her." I growl.

She snarls at me before sitting down beside me as we wait for Layla. "This is why I didn't want you to come." Whitney huffs. "You won't be happy until she's dressed like a nun."

"I would be-" I start to say but I am cut off by Layla.

"Umm... Since you two can't agree on anything, would y'all mind if I pick a dress out to try on?"

"Yes, you can pick a dress out." Whitney says excitedly.

I rub the back of my neck nervously. "Yeah, sorry about that. We probably should have asked you for your opinion."

Layla quickly walks off and in a few short minutes she is back hiding a dress from me and Whitney. "Why are you hiding the dress?" Whitney asks. "We want to see."

Layla smirks at the two of us. "Y'all can see it once I try it on. I've been wanting to try this dress on since we walked into this store." She says before turning on her heels and running into the dressing room.

After about five minutes Layla peeps her head out from the curtain. "Are y'all ready to see me?" Whitney and I eagerly nod our heads. Layla pulls the curtain back and walks out. Neither I nor Whitney say a word. We are both render speechless. Layla frowns at our lack of words. "Y'all hate it don't y'all?"

 "Y'all hate it don't y'all?"

(Layla's dress)

Standing up, I grab her hand and spin her around causing her to giggle. "It's perfect." I whisper to her.

Whitney has the biggest smile on her face as she starts jumping up and down squealing in excitement. "You look amazing! Have you really been eyeing this dress since we got here?" Layla bites her lip and nods her head. Whitney laughs. "Next time tell us to shut up and just grab the dress. You have amazing taste."

While Layla is changing back into her normal clothes, I pay for her dress. On the entire way home, all Whitney can talk about is how excited she is that Summer and Winter are staying the night at my place so that them and Layla can start early tomorrow morning getting ready for my dad's banquet. I glance at Layla who seems a little overwhelm by it all. "Kaleb," she whispers. "Is she always this excited for a banquet?"

I laugh. "This is nothing compare to the way she gets for the school's dances. Usually the girls all meet up at Whitney or Summer and Winter's house, while the guys either meet at my house or Connor's."