Chapter 36

---Chapter 36---

Sienna couldn't help but focus on the race and the rush she was getting at speeding through the streets. For the short time she was racing all thoughts of Zane were cast to the side as race mode kicked in.

She was battling against another driver who had a completely glossy black Nissan Silvia. The guy was actually beginning to get on her nerves because for once she couldn't lose him. She was not about to lose this race though, she had only ever lost races when her car broke down completely and even that hadn't happened in years.

She came flying around the last corner on the inside leaning on the other guy as they flew down the straight side by side. The crowd was screaming as they continued to speed to the finish side by side.

When the finish line was in view she hit the Nos hoping to pull away but to her dismay didn't, he was still right beside her. She kept her foot hard into it however continually watching the other car as they got closer.

One hundred meters before the line she edged forward slightly.

Fifty meters the Nos started to wear off and she dropped back again.

Thirty meters the other dropped back a fraction.

Fifteen meters she was just in front.

Across the finish line she was a mere half a meter ahead of him. She hadn't realized just how heavy she was breathing until she finished, that was one of the hardest races she had ever done. She could feel her heart racing and the adrenalin running through her veins.

"Holy shit Si, that was the closest finish ever," Bryce said as he ran over and handed her the wad of cash.

"Who's the other guy?" She asked a little breathless still but wanting to know who had given her such a great challenge.

"Come find out," he said giving her a knowing look.

She didn't like the look he was wearing and cautiously stepped out to be greeted by a swarm of fans screaming and cheering for her.

The other car door opened and Sienna was almost tempted to just not look. When the driver hopped out facing away from her, her jaw dropped. The black hair was familiar, the muscle build was familiar and now that she thought about it so was the car.

"Bryce thought you needed some real competition," he smirked as he walked over to her.

"When did you get that good? I used to lap you when we practiced?" she asked completely and utterly confused.

"You'll have to talk to those boys you gave lessons too," he said smiling.

"It was Kieran wasn't it?" she asked knowingly.

"Yeah, and speaking of him Zane is looking a lot better," he smiled, hoping she would go home tonight and not avoid them any longer.

"Well I'll let you too sort yourselves out. Thanks for coming Chase it was awesome to watch, and you Sienna, take care," Bryce said before hugging Sienna and then heading off to another group of people.

"Let's get home ae? The boys are going to want to hear all about this," he laughed as Sienna just nodded.

"I'll meet you there, it was good to have some competition, but remember, the student never beats the master," Sienna sang as she climbed into her car and then took off. Normally she would stay all night but she really couldn't be bothered and she really did want to see Zane and check on him.

She followed Chase back to the house and as he guessed the boys were all there waiting to find out how everything went.

She hardly got in the door before Nate was in her personal space asking questions, "Did you beat him? How was it? How fast did you go? Where were you all day today?"