Discussion

A/N: I own my OC and plotline.

"I met someone." I say after explaining to Doctor Miles about my trips to Starbucks. He says he's proud of the progress I am making, I am too. I feel as if this is my chance to escape the darkness I have wrapped my self in for so many years.

The middle-aged male stares at me silently for a moment, it's highly unsettling but I know that he's just trying to fabricate a measured response, I don't think he expected me to be talking to people so early on in my journey of self-healing. Or maybe he's shocked that I was able to formulate a normal sentence with someone other than him or Babooshka. "What's their name?"

I pause for a moment before replying to my therapist. "Sebastian Stan."

At that moment, I wish that I had brought a camera because his expression is priceless. Doctor Miles' bushy, grey eyebrows are so high up his forehead that I worry that they're going to fly off his face. I knew that he would be surprised, he knows of my deep admiration for the said actor. I wonder if he actually believes me or not? "Where did you meet?" he clears his throat, his expression returning to normal.

I can't help but smile. "At Starbucks."

He nods, signalling for me to continue.

I explain how Sebastian and I met, I tell him of the coversation I had with the wonderful actor only hours ago and I ask his advice about the invitation of a dinner.

"Why do you feel unsure?" it's a simple question but it makes me feel uneasy, I wish that I didn't have any worries about the dinner tonight, but I do.

"I don't want to mess anything up." there, I have said my biggest insecurity out loud.

He frowns, he always does this when I say anything negative about myself. "Why do you think that you'll 'mess anything up'?"

I take a deep breath in, averting my gaze to the view beyond the window beside me. "What if my expectations are too high? I mean, I write FanFiction about this guy. What if I'm expecting everything to go smoothly and it doesn't? Life isn't fiction."

Doctor Miles nods. "Indeed it isn't. I think, Valerian, that you're overreacting. Yes, you wrote a FanFiction but that was part of your healing process, to help you write about your past experiences. I highly doubt that you'll be analysing and comparing your evening against what you wrote."

"So, you don't think I'm moving on too fast, it's okay for me to go on this date?"

Dr Miles nodded. "I think you should enjoy your evening."

"Do you think it's okay for me to date someone who has as many issues as I do?"

"I think that you should just go and enjoy your date and stop over-analysing the possibilities of what could happen. Valerian, you deserve to have something nice happen to you, this is something nice. Go and enjoy yourself."

Well, the Doctor has spoken and only a fool would disagree with their Doctor.

A/N: QUESTION OF THE DAY: SO, VALERIAN LISTENS TO AMY WINEHOUSE WHEN SHE'S OVERWHELMED, WHAT DO YOU THINK SEBASTIAN WOULD LISTEN TO?