A 20 Year Long Story

After showering all the blood off my body I reapplied my undergarments and borrowing one of Matt's shirts since mine were covered in blood. Matt was still unconscious and Foggy hadn't taken his eyes off him the whole time. At the foot of Matt's bed I positioned myself into meditating position with my legs sitting crossed like a pretzel. The back of my hands braced my knees where I noticed my one hand was twitching, it was the same hand that released the arrow that killed Nobu. Guilt filled my stomach as I tried to not think about what I have done as my eyes slipped closed and I exhaled letting out the air that was in my lungs. My body started to relax as it started to fall into a trance like state, with every breath I took in I could feel the pain twinge inside and with every exhale I could feel the wounds starting to close. I was trying to concentrate when I heard yelling coming from outside of the room, looking over by the door I saw the outline of Foggy waving his hands angrily. Forcing myself up the injury to my stomach was not fully healed yet but I needed to check on Matt. Bracing my hand to my stomach I moved slowly to the door until I heard the front door shut loudly. Popping my head out I saw Matt awake but wearing an annoyed look on his face.

"That sounded like it didn't go well." I began moving a small bit closer to Matt as he remained in the same place from before.

"It didn't." Matt answered with annoyance wincing a small bit as he shifted his position running his fingers over the wounds on his chest while I made my way a bit closer to him. "Thanks for patching me up...where did you even learn how to do all of this."

"Learned over time. Got to in this line of work." I answered finally taking a seat next to him as he just remained where he was. He replaced the gauze I applied to his lower abdomen after checking it. "I stole one of your shirts by the way... I hope you don't mind. My shirt was covered in blood."

"It's not a problem." he replied I nodded before trying to get comfortable again onto the couch with my sore abdomen. We both sat in silence for a moment trying to process everything that has happened last night when I saw my hand twitched again as I clasped the two together to ignore it. "How bad are your injuries?"

"I was stabbed in the stomach but I'll be fine. Meditating helped a small bit so I should be good as new soon. I am also sore as hell." I answered seeing Matt chuckle a small bit at my explanation wincing with each movement he made.

"So am I." Matt laughed though which he gasp he took I could see it was causing him some pain, his hands twitched a small bit as he began to wipe his sore head. I could tell that Matt had something on his mind that he wanted to talk about.

"I know you want to ask me something...go ahead." I answered wincing when I moved a small bit to get comfortable thinking this was going to be a long explanation.

"Where have you been the last twenty years?" Matt asked finally I knew this was coming as his face remained forward but if he could I knew he would be looking me in the eye.

"That's a long story." I exclaimed seeing Matt's face twitch for a moment then his head tilted towards me like he was getting comfortable.

"We have time..." he chuckled I sighed nodding before Matt used his free hand to drape some of the blanket that Foggy must've placed onto him over my bare legs.

"Back at the orphanage Stick caught me spying on him...he said that he could sense a fire inside me. That I had a potential for something great and if I went with him then I could unlock it. I didn't want to leave you Matty but I guess the curiosity was too tempting for me to ignore after everything I've been through. So I went and for the next ten years I was trained to become a weapon that he wanted, a weapon he wanted you to become. Though the last mission I was with Stick changed everything, I thought it was supposed to be a recon or interrogation mission but it wasn't. It was the mission for me to finally kill and seal my fate with The Chaste." I explained seeing Matt's face twitch a small bit, he knew how Stick was and he knew how much Stick would push until you broke and obeyed. "I refused...and that is when I left him and The Chaste."

"So why did you come back to New York?" he asked touching my hand with his as I exhaled sharply from remembering that dreadful day.

"I really did miss you Matty...I've kept tabs on you ever since I left. I saw everything you did, who you interacted with and I remembered you told me that this was my home. You were my home and I thought if I came back maybe I would be safe from them trying to find me. When I arrived I came by your apartment one night and saw you running across the rooftops as the Man in Black. So I followed you, I watched you protect those girls from those traffickers and waited until it was time for me to reveal myself." I exclaimed feeling Matt's hand that was touching mine close with his thumb stroking against my skin.

"I really did miss you too, Thea." he replied with his Matt Murdock smile and I returned with one of my own. Then the shaking got worse again this time I knew Matt noticed because his hand covered mine to stop it. "What's wrong with your hand?"

"I don't know...it's been happening since...since I killed Nobu." I answered with a soft tone though Matt's hand tightened onto mine. I felt destroyed, I've spent my whole life not becoming a murderer and I just killed someone. "I saw he was about to kill you and my vision was a bit blurry when I fired the arrow. I thought I was just going to blind him Matty...I didn't know it would set him on fire."

"It's not your fault...you were injured and losing blood which blurred your vision. It was self defense Thea." Matt reassured I knew in some way he was right but the guilt in my stomach told me that it was something else.

"Maybe you're right and I'll deal with it. Right now you need to heal." I answered softly watching him sigh then nod as he tried to move from his spot but his body wouldn't respond.

"I think I need another few hours before I move." he laughed in which I nodded laughing alongside of him pressing my head to the crease of the couch. My eyes started to feel heavy until they slowly closed and I drifted off to sleep.

 My eyes started to feel heavy until they slowly closed and I drifted off to sleep

~~Awww my babies they are so cute.~~