Sticking Around

Matt and I were in his apartment getting changed back into our costumes because even though Fisk was gone that didn't mean everyone fell in line. My hands still shook but only a little which had me suspicious now, I thought after stopping Fisk this would go away but I guess it would take a bit more time. Matt entered the room lacing his gloves onto his hands as I just pretended to stretch my wrists so he wouldn't question what was wrong. I needed it figure that out by myself so for now I would focus on what else was going to happen, I saw Matt stopped nearby. I could tell that he had something on his mind but wasn't sure how to put it.

"You gonna say what is on your mind or am I gonna have to torture you?" I asked with a seductive voice moving towards him seeing him smile.

"As tempting as that sounds I wanted to ask you something?" he exclaimed I tilted my head before placing my hands onto my sides waiting for him to ask. He sighed for a moment then faced me with his eyes facing down. "Are you planning on running away again?"

"Why would I?" I asked confused moving closer towards him before draping both arms over his neck as he held at my waist with his gloved hands. I gave him a smile then caressing his cheeks with my both hands feeling his stubble on my skin. "I have everything I need right here Matty."

"And what would that be?" he wondered I started to run my fingers through his dark brown floppy hair that was about to be covered by a mask.

"I have friends...two jobs that I enjoy...a family and a reason to keep fighting." I explained giving him a small smile before lifting my face to press my lips onto his which he happily reciprocated. He broke the kiss before pressing his forehead on to mine with his hot breath tickling my face.

"Is that all?" he asked I could feel his hands bracing either hip with either hand holding me closer to him.

"I also have you...and I am not letting you go again." I answered pressing my lips again onto his until the sounds of sirens passing his apartment which forced us to break the kiss again.

"We should get going...the city isn't going to protect itself." Matt exclaimed I leaned forward pressing his lips again onto mine for one more long kiss. Breaking away again I locked my eyes onto his face again with a huge smile plastered onto my face.

"Let's go kick some ass." I ordered watching him nod as I took his helmet that was on the table behind him and slicked it onto his head. He took my mask and placed it gently onto my face as we both raced to the rooftop and took off running in the path of the sirens. Fisk might be gone but the City and Hell's Kitchen still needed us, it needed heroes...it needed Daredevil and Artemis.

~~And that is the end of The Devil Within

~~And that is the end of The Devil Within...I hope you enjoyed it. I don't think I will be continuing this series because of everything else I have to deal with recently. If I choose to return I will let you all know but until then thank you for all the support.~~