Things Have Changed

After shocking Matt with my identity and knowing his he decided to return to his apartment to have this conversation privately. Walking in I took in the scenery before me, we entered from the roof entrance and took a set of stairs to get to his apartment. My bow was holstered to my chest, my hood is down but the war paint was still staining my eyes. I could see a kitchen on my right, small but simple for Matt's use since he didn't need a big space to work. Continuing I saw it was a small living room with a couch and two chairs around a wooden table. Next to that was a huge window with a blinding bulletin board light shining through, this wouldn't bother him since he couldn't even see it to worry. Now on my left was a sliding door that showed to be his bedroom and a shower was hidden in the corner room locked to the bedroom.

"See things have changed since I last saw you Matty..." I answered seeing him in his kitchen now with no mask and grabbing two beers he had in his fridge.

"Well it has been almost 20 years since we last talked. We were kids the last time we talked to one another." He pointed out moving up to me handing the open bottle to me which I took without hesitation. He leaned on his couch's arm rest while we both took a swig of the liquid. "What happened to you, Thea? You left the orphanage and I haven't heard from you after you left. You promised to stay in contact."

"I'm sorry for that but where I was I couldn't necessarily call.  And I couldn't even write to you because you wouldn't be able to read it." I reminded seeing Matt shrug slightly putting the beer to his lips again and taking another long swig from the brown liquid. "You haven't stopped your training since that mentor of yours left."

"Seems like I'm not the only one who has been training.'' He pointed out using his hand to point to me and my getup that I had onto my body. I shrugged drinking my beer before taking off my bow from my back and then took a seat in the chair next to him as his head followed but not his body. "So why are you really back in New York?"

"Can't say it be because I missed you? I missed being home? I missed Hell's Kitchen?" I asked seeing a blank expression return from Matt but I knew that meant it wasn't what he meant by that. I sighed shifting a bit until I was sitting up right now. "Fine...at first I was here to start over. Have a normal life with a normal job but now I'm here to help you. To help the man in black that is."

"I don't need anyone's help." Matt answered quickly I smiled softly shaking my head at him trying to prevent a laugh from escaping from my lips.

"Maybe not now but you will soon Matty." I replied with that answer the whole room went silent between us.

~~Does Thea know something? I guess we are gonna have to wait and find out

~~Does Thea know something? I guess we are gonna have to wait and find out. Btw another double update since this part was short. See you in a bit~~