Anger Leads To Half Judgments

The rest of the day Matt was focusing on his cases and I was focusing on my clients trying to be normal. Matt was suspicious that Fisk could have us followed so we came straight here and kept our noses down in work until we felt like Fisk backed off. Later that night I suited up into my costume and began to race across the rooftops making my way to Matt's apartment. He left his office in a huff with his business partners about a few hours before I left mine. Eventually I landed on Matt's apartment rooftop then headed down the stairs into his room seeing him pacing angrily in the living room. His body language told me that something was definitely up.

"Matty? What's wrong? What happened? Is it your business partners? Are Foggy and Karen okay?" I asked racing down the stairs until I was in front of him, his expression told me it was something really bad.

"Our client...Elena Cardenas. She was found dead in her apartment...it had to be under Fisk's orders because she was rebelling against his plan to force her out of the apartment complex she was living in." Matt explained with anger and pain in his voice while he continued to pace with his hands at the back of his head.

"I'm so sorry Matt." I whispered seeing him rip off his tie that was around his neck as he was aggressively changing into his costume while I faced away from him. I could hear his grunts and I could sense his anger fueling him. "Matt...you need to calm down. If we are planning on going out tonight you need to be calm."

"I am calm...but I will feel better once I kill Fisk." Matt hissed I whipped my head to him seeing him tying his mask to his head. I moved up to him pushing my hand to his chest stopping him from moving out of the room.

"No...this is your anger talking Matt. Anger leads to half judgments...I will not let you go out there half cocked. You could get yourself killed before we can even get close to Fisk." I reminded feeling Matt's chest heaving with even more anger but I kept it there pushing him back when he tried to move forward.

"Get out of my way Thea..." He began I pressed the tips of my fingers into his chest continuing to push him back. I saw his anger causing his jaw to lock and I felt his body begin to tense up. "Get out of my way or I will make you."

"Yeah try me? You couldn't take me down if you even tried." I warned seeing his face twist for a moment as I pushed my hand a bit more into his chest and eventually he released a sharp gasp knowing I was right. "I will not let you cross that line you have fought so hard not to. "

"Then what should we do Thea? He is always three steps ahead of us...what can we do to get ahead?" Matt asked I lowered my hand away from his chest and watched him lace on his gloves.

"What we always do and what we do best. Beat up criminals and break all of Fisk's connections. And with your anger...I know just where to start." I answered watching Matt tilt his head to the side waiting to hear my plan.

~~Thea is right

~~Thea is right...going out there angry won't solve anything but getting you killed.~~