Ice

Jakey was playing mineswitch with Brandeen when he felt something fall against his side. Looking down, his eyes widened to see that Brandeen had fallen asleep beside him. His ruby red eyes were closed and his hair mussed up as he snored lightly beside him.

"Brandeen?" He asked gently, nudging the son of Ares. He didn't wake up though, instead, he seemed to cuddle closer to him.

"Brandeen, wake up." He nudged him again but he still got no response.

Looking down at him, Jakey couldn't help but notice how cute Brandeen looked- Wait did he really just think that? His face colored a light red as he continued to look down at the sleeping son of Ares.

The son of Ares really was cute though. Sure he liked to look all edgy and stuff with his chains and stuff, but with his mussed-up hair and his bright red eyes that sparkled in the light. The way he acted when he got excited about something. Gosh, sometimes he just wanted to-He stopped his thoughts there. Brandeen was just his friend. His friend and nothing more.

Glancing down at the son of Ares one last time, Jakey switched off the mineswitch before standing up.

Brandeen curled up into a little ball, pulling the pillow he had been sitting against to his chest. It reminded him of a little kitten. Shaking his head, he knew that the couldn't just leave him on the couch. He leaned over to pick him up. Suddenly Brandeen shot up as if waking up from a nightmare. This surprised Jakey but he didn't have time to move back. Both of their eyes widened as Brandeen's sudden action caused their lips to lock together.

They quickly broke apart, Jakey jumping back as Brandeen nearly jumped behind the couch.

"What the Hades, Jakey!" Brandeen exclaimed, a blush on his cheeks.

"I was just gonna move you! I didn't expect for you to wake up right at that moment!" Jakey said his hands in the air as he blushed as well.

"Why'd you even wanna move me? I was comfy!" Brandeen yelled.

"I don't know, I didn't think you'd shoot up like that!" Jakey yelled back.

"Well you shouldn't have tried to move me!"

"Why'd you even fall asleep on me?"

"What I didn't fall asleep on you!"

"Um yes you did, you fell asleep while we were playing mineswitch, on me!"

"I did not!"

"Yes you did!"

"I did not!"

"Yes you did!"

"GAH! Just leave me alone!" Brandeen stormed out of the room.

Jakey could only stare after Brandeen as he stormed out before it fully hit him. He nearly fell to the ground as he realized what had happened. He and Brandeen had kissed. It had been accidental of course but still, they had kissed!

His cheeks were bright red as he thought about it. He reached up to touch his lips before a thought struck him. Brandeen probably hated him now. Sure it had been an accident but the son of Ares had been super mad. He could imagine that the other would probably avoid him now and the thought broke his heart.

Crawling into his own bed, a tear fell down his cheek as he thought about possibly never hanging out with Brandeen again.