A Quiet Protector

AN: In this Oneshot: Michael and Ritchie & Colin and Seekah were dating but Michael and Seekah both died during the titan incident, leaving their boyfriends behind. 

It was no secret around camp that the Hermes brothers were protective of one another. Mostly Ritchie over the other two, however. There were some instances where Colin got protective over Inmo and Ritchie as well, blowing up at the other campers when they even hinted at something negative about his brothers. The only one that the other campers hadn't seen get super protective of his brothers was Inmo, and that was probably just because the other didn't speak much. Or at least that was what everyone else thought. 

Truth was, it took a lot to anger Inmo. His brothers didn't need him getting worked up over someone saying something mean once or twice. And he knew that they didn't need 100 million people hovering over them when they got injured so he just let whoever was treating them do their magic before keeping an eye on his brothers from afar. Blowing up just took up too much energy and Inmo wasn't about causing stressful situations. 

It wasn't until after the whole titans incident that Inmo revealed that he was just as protective of his brothers as they were of him. 

--O--o--O--

Inmo sighed as he kept an eye on both of his brothers as they sat in the student lounge. Ever since the titan incident, neither of them had been the same. It made sense really, they had both lost their boyfriends and were going through a lot of grief. There wasn't much that Inmo could do to help them but the least he could do was be there for both of his brothers during their time of grief. He couldn't let them die too. 

The mute son of Hermes had only looked away for a moment when trouble struck in the form of a certain ginger son of Momus. Inmo hadn't been paying attention as Daveed made his way over to his brothers and started mocking them for their grief-filled attitudes. When Inmo focused back on his brothers and realized what exactly Daveed was saying, he got angry. 

When he saw the way his brothers were starting to shake as their grief addled minds couldn't think of a defense, he got downright furious. 

He pulled his dagger (the gold one instead of the emerald one Ritchie made for him) out of its sheath and he thumped it into the table he was sitting next to, the sound it caused catching everyone's attention as they looked over at him. For once, he didn't care about everyone staring at him, he only cared about getting Daveed away from his brothers and killing him for even daring to make fun of them when they were going through such grief. 

He ripped the enchanted dagger from the table before stomping over to Daveed, everyone in too much shock at his actions to even think to stop him. The usually mute son of Hermes glared up at Daveed's face and even with the height advantage, Daveed must've felt the rage pouring off him as he started to sweat nervously. 

"You. Do. Not. Get. To. Talk. To. My. Brothers. Like. That." Inmo growled out, his voice louder and clearer than it had ever been. Though he took a pause between each word, it wasn't unintentional, every pause punctuated what Inmo was trying to say and made Daveed realize just how much he had f*cked up. But Inmo didn't stop there.

"They are going through a lot of pain right now and I will not see some weak fool make them go through anymore. So I suggest, making yourself scarce, or I will put my dagger through your heart and I will feel no regret." Inmo threatened, not caring that other people were watching who would hear this threat. No one got to mock his brothers for their grief. No one. 

Daveed decided to heed the surprisingly intimidating son of Hermes' words and ran as quickly as he could out of there. Inmo, for his part, stood there for a moment, still too furious to even notice the looks he was being given, some of which were definitely fear. Then suddenly, he was pulled down in between Ritchie and Colin who hugged him tightly, making him squeak. 

"Thank you, brother," Ritchie said quietly as he nuzzled Inmo's hair. Inmo blushed a tiny bit and looked away, feeling a little shy now. "N-no one g-gets to m-mock you t-two for your g-grief..." He managed to stutter out as he let both of his brothers hug him, the two gingers smiling for once after the deaths of their boyfriends.