Sleep now, Love

AN: In this oneshot, Michael didn't die. 

Michael rubbed his eyes as he tried to stay awake as he read. He had been tasked with figuring out who could have such a grudge against the gods/Zeus to cause Bryan to go evil and release the titans. The only problem was, he couldn't figure it out. 

There were several gods who had sided with the titans in the past but he could find no reason that they would make a move now. And he doubted that any of the titans themselves had been strong enough to influence someone on the surface from their place in Tartarus. He had no idea who would have done this. 

So here he was, scanning every book he could get his hands on for something that could indicate who had done this. But with every book he looked into that didn't reveal answers, the son of Athena got more and more frustrated. Why couldn't he figure this out? He felt like the answer was right in front of him but he was too blind to see it. It was driving him mad and he couldn't even sleep as he was too focused on trying to find answers.

Just as he was about to flip the page in the book he was reading, a hand appeared from above him and snatched the book away. He spun around to glare at the ginger who had snatched his book, even going as far as to put it on a high shelf.  

"Ritchie, give me my book back." He demanded. 

"How about no." Ritchie shook his head. 

"And why not?" Michael asked with a glare up at the son of Hermes. 

"Because you're working yourself to Hades," Ritchie told him, crossing his arms as he looked down at the son of Athena sternly. 

"I am not!" He snapped, glaring at the ginger. 

"Oh you're not, tell me then, Michael, when was the last time you slept?" Ritchie asked raising an eyebrow. 

Michael thought about it, trying to recall when he last slept, but before he could finish, he was suddenly scooped up into Ritchie's arms. "Ritchie! Put me down!"

"Nope, I'm putting you to bed, if you have to take that long to think about it, you clearly need sleep," Ritchie said sternly as he held the short son of Athena bridal style, despite all his squirming. 

"What I need to do is figure this out!" Michael huffed as he continued to squirm. "Ugh, I'm supposed to be a son of Athena, I should be able to figure out who the person who caused the whole titan incident is."

Ritchie frowned a little as he looked down at the sleep-deprived demigod. He was pushing himself too hard for answers. 

"Michael, you'll figure out, I have no doubt of that. But if you don't sleep, then you're only going to get more frustrated and possibly overlook something in your sleepiness." Ritchie soothed the demigod, holding him tightly to his chest as he carried the son of Athena over to his bed. 

"But I-"

"No buts, just relax and go to sleep." Ritchie interrupted him, placing him on the bed. 

Before the son of Hermes could move away though, Michael grabbed his sleeve, not letting him go. Ritchie raised his eyebrow at that but he couldn't deny the puppy dog look Michael was sending him. He slipped under the covers and hugged the son of Athena to his chest. Michael sighed in content as he snuggled into the son of Hermes' chest, his eyes closing as the warmth lured him to sleep. 

Ritchie chuckled and pressed a kiss to Michael's hair. "Sleep now, Love, I'll be here."

Michael sighed in his sleep, snuggling closer to his chest, and soon enough, Ritchie felt himself falling asleep as well. Later, when other demigods came to find the two counselors, they found them both fast asleep in each other's arms.