Fire and Ice

AN: The third portion of the previous oneshots of "Ice" and "Fire" Ok? Ok. 

Brandeen frowned as he walked into the cafeteria only to see that Jakey was not there once again. He had been trying to catch up to the son of Poseidon for the last couple of days to talk with him but the other demigod hadn't been seen since he was over at his base. The son of Ares sat down at a table reluctantly. He really didn't want to have to go to him at his base, in case Jakey rejected him, but it looked like he might have to. 

Besides, he was a little worried as well. It wasn't like the brown-eyed son of Poseidon not to at least come out for lunch. He hoped the other wasn't sick or something. 

--O--o--O--

Brandeen walked through the tunnel that led to Jakey's not so secret-secret base. He couldn't wait anymore for the other demigod to appear for breakfast or training or something. They needed to talk. 

He opened the hatch leading into the base only to be met with silence. He frowned. He had expected Jakey to at least come out at the sound of the hatch opening but nothing. He climbed out of the tunnel and looked around. Nothing seemed out of place...

"Jakey?" He called out. 

He heard a loud thump and some rustling before the teal haired son of Poseidon walked out from the bedroom. Brandeen couldn't help but stare. Jakey looked awful. His clothes were all wrinkly and his hair was going up in every direction. Not to mention, his eyes were not only red as if he had been crying but there were bags underneath them as well. 

"B-Brandeen?" Jakey asked, sounding shocked to see him, but Brandeen couldn't pay attention to that as he was too distracted by the other demigod's disheveled appearance. 

"Jakey? What happened? You look awful." Brandeen asked in concern. 

"N-nothing h-happened, I'm f-fine." Brandeen didn't believe that for a second. Within a few strides, he was directly in front of Jakey and he gripped the other's shoulders as he said sternly. "No, you're not. Don't lie to me."

Jakey wretched himself out of his grip before turning away. He didn't speak for a moment before he said. "Nothing happened... I've just been thinking about things..."

Brandeen was about to ask what he had been thinking about when he realized that it was probably about the kiss. Just to be sure, he asked gently.

"About what happened a couple days ago?"

Jakey didn't respond at first, only a hint of movement was seen from his fists clenching, before he asked. "Can we just forget that that ever happened?"

Brandeen was taken aback but before he could say anything, Jakey continued. "Look, it was an accident and its clear that neither of us liked it so we might as well forget about it, ok?"

The son of Ares felt his heart break. He had hoped that maybe Jak- who was he kidding, who would like a violent son of Ares like himself? Still, even if it hurt him, he had to respect Jakey's wish. If he didn't like him, then he would have to live with that. 

"Ok..." He turned to leave. He didn't want to be here with the one who had just unknowingly broken his heart. 

"Brandeen? Where are you going?" He could hear the confusion in Jakey's voice. 

"Back to my cabin." He said trying not to let sadness seep into his voice. 

"But why? Didn't you have a reason for coming in?" 

"... It doesn't matter now." He shook his head, turning away so that Jakey wouldn't see the tears that were starting to fill his eyes.

"What doesn't matter, Bra-" He felt a hand on his shoulder and before he could stop him, Jakey was turning him around. The other demigod's eyes went wide when he saw the tears. "You're crying..."

He pulled away. "No I'm not."

"Brandeen, I'm not blind."

"With the way your hair is right now, I doubt that."

"Brandeen."

"I'm fine."

"No you're not."

"Yes I am!"

"No you're not!"

"YES I AM!"

"BRANDEEN, YOU'RE CRYING, YOU ARE CLEARLY NOT FINE!"

"WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE!"

"CAUSE I LOVE YOU, YOU STUBBORN SON OF ARES!" Both Jakey and him froze. Jakey quickly covered his mouth as if he couldn't believe what he had just said while Brandeen could only stare at him in shock. 

"I-I'm sorry, I d-didn't-" "I love you too." Even though he was the one to say it, Brandeen looked just as shocked as Jakey. Both demigods stared at each other as blushes grew on their faces. Neither knew what to say so they just stood there as a silence filled the room before Jakey said. 

"I t-thought you would've h-hated me after the incident with how angry you were... I didn't want to lose our friendship so I thought- but you like me back?"

"Y-yes... I- I think when it happened I was angry about the s-suddenness of the kiss but I would never hate you! I was actually coming to talk to you about what happened..." He admitted, the tears previously shed starting to dry on his cheeks. 

Jakey brought his hand up and gently wiped away the remnants of the tears with his thumb, making Brandeen look at him in surprise before the son of Ares decided to lean into the touch. The son of Poseidon stared at him for a moment before he decided to do something. 

Using his hand to adjust Brandeen's head, Jakey leaned down and kissed him once again. And this time, while it did catch the son of Ares off guard once more, both sunk into the kiss, Brandeen wrapping his arms around Jakey's neck even as Jakey wrapped his around Brandeen's waist. 

When they finally pulled away from the kiss, Jakey leaned his forehead against Brandeen's as he said quietly. "I love you, Brandeen."

With a spot of mischief in his eyes, Brandeen quickly placed a light kiss to the other demigod's lips before darting away as he said. "Love you too, Baka."

"Hey!" Jakey laughed as Brandeen leaned against the couch. Jakey frowned playfully at the son of Ares before tackling him onto the couch. 

Both demigods laughed even as they exchanged another kiss before just cuddling with one another. Eventually, they would end up talking about whether or not this made them boyfriends before playing mineswitch, but for now, they would just enjoy the quiet time they had to cuddle, content knowing that they loved each other.