Panic Attack

Mario stared horrified as Jeffrey was dropped into the fire. He didn't look at Bryan who was laughing and Xylo who was looking at him in concern. He could only stare at the fire as Jeffrey was burnt to a crisp. That toy was the only thing he had of his dad. That toy helped him get to sleep. That toy-

He felt tears start to well up in his eyes. Around them, it started to rain even as he backed away from the fire. Before anything could be said though, he ran. He didn't know how long he ran but he ran until he couldn't anymore. And when he stopped, he sat down against a cabin and started to sob, not noticing little sparks of electricity coming off him.

He hated this stupid camp.

--O--o--O--

Michael and Ritchie were chasing after Austin once again. Gosh, he could be so impulsive. Just as they thought they were gonna catch up to him, Austin seemed to stiffen for a moment before he spun around a corner all of a sudden.

Michael and Ritchie exchanged glances before turning the corner to ze Austin crouched in front of another boy and talking to him quietly. Curious, the two walked closer to see that Austin was avoiding touching the other boy due to the sparks coming off him as he sobbed.

Then Austin turned towards them and asked with a concerned look in his eyes. "Mom, can you talk to him? He's not responding to me."

While frowning at the mom part, Michael moved forward so that he was crouched in front of the other boy. The kid was sobbing into his hands. With great caution, Michael gently reached a hand out to touch the other boy in the shoulder. While wincing as he felt sparks go up his arm, he chose not to focus on that as he asked. "Hey, could you tell me what's wrong?"

It took a minute before the boy whispered out. "I just... I hate this place..."

Michael looked back at Ritchie and Austin startled before he turned back to the boy who had started to cry harder. "Ever since I got here I've just be picked on and made fun of and pressured on who my godly parent is when I didn't even know that this was all real until I got here, much less know who my dad is. I don't even want to be here, I was chased here... I-I just wanna go home..."

"Hey now, everything isn't so bad." The boy just gave him a deadpanned stare so he cleared his throat and said. "Well here's a piece of good news, judging by the sparks coming off you, I have a good idea of who your godly parent could be."

This seemed to have the opposite effect of what he wanted. The small sparks that had been coming from the kid's body were larger now and his breathing had increased. Michael had no choice but to release the contact he had with the boy or risk being electrocuted. He had no idea what to do for once so he looked over at Ritchie, silently begging the other to help him. Ritchie nodded and came forward, going as close as he dared to who they suspected was the son of Zeus.

"Hey shhh, it's alright. I know that things seem bad right now but everything will be ok. Just calm down and focus on me." As soon as Ritchie saw that he had the kid's attention, hyperventilating or not, the eldest son of Hermes said. "Ok now let's calm down. Breath in for four, hold for seven, out for eight. Do you think you can do that buddy?"

With the breathing technique in place, the boy slowly started to calm down, his eyelids starting to droop as the fatigue from running and crying set in. The sparks that had been flying off his body slowly pattered off until it was just the son of Zeus lying there, asleep on the ground.

With a soft sigh, Ritchie moved forward to pick up the boy, frowning slightly as he registered his lightweight. As he cradled the son of Zeus in his arms, he turned to lock eyes with Austin and Michael, who both nodded at his silent question. So Ritchie took the kid and put him down to rest in his cabin with Austin looking after him as if he were a younger brother of some sort as he and Michael went outside to talk about the whole incident.

In the end, they decided that they would ask more about the situation when the kid had woken up. They wouldn't rush him though, no, right now what the kid needed was a bit of support. And after dealing with Austin, the two counselors had no problems with that.

AN: Ok so this was an idea I came up with if you'd like to see a part 2 let me know in the comment section down below. Anyways, Imma end it here! Peace!