Chapter 11

The next day, on Saturday night, Harry had been asked by the principal to join the football team on their way to their championship and take pictures of them. Of course, Louis was the center of his attention. It was as if everything in Harry's mind revolved around him, around a tiny blue-eyed lad who had once decided to get hold of Harry's poor heart and had not let go of it ever since. As Harry walked into the bus, everyone had already taken heir seats. Nick waved at him energetically right under Louis' annoyed look. Harry smirked at Louis' reaction and sat next to his friend. The drive did not seem that long to him since he slept half of it. On the contrary, Louis could not stop sending death glares at Nick's head, resting on Harry's shoulder. The whole bus was sleeping but frustration and anger were keeping Louis awake, which gave him time to examine their position and how Nick proceeded to get closer to Harry, his Harry, or he wished. First, as Harry had laid his head against the window, Nick had gotten closer, pretending to show him something on his phone so their shoulders would be touching. Then, he had spread his legs so their knees would meet. Finally, and that was the cause of Louis' clenched fists, he had laid his head on Harry's shoulder.

As the bus stopped, Louis ran out of it, took his suitcase out and stayed away from his other teammates. They were three hours away from town so the school had booked a few rooms in a motel not far from the field. It was already dark when the bus parked and Harry rubbed his eyelids carefully, adjusting to the small lights of the bus lightening up. He got out and took his bag as well. However, as he turned around, he could not distinguish that so familiar figure he was dreaming of every night. He eyed the crowded parking and finally saw him, away from the group, sitting on his suitcase. His eyes were locked to his shoelaces and his lips were softly pinched. Every lights of the bus seemed to be reflected in his blue icy eyes and Harry just could not get enough of this view. But the tiny one looked tired, though, and his eyelids were heavy. Harry wished he had not stared that long because he received in exchange a cold and stern look from Louis. He rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to the coach that was calling them.

« Come on, guys ! Let's get you to your rooms ! I've made a list. »

Everyone circled around the coach, waiting for their names to be called out. Louis stayed a bit away, wishing and praying from the bottom of his heart all the way to the core of his bones, that Harry would not be roomed with Nick. He knew he would not sleep if so and needed all of his strength for tomorrow. On his side, Harry did not really care who he was with. Obviously, he knew Nick the best and sharing with Louis would not be such a burden as it used to be, but he did not really care.

« Grimshaw, you're with Tomlinson ! yelled the coach handing them a key. »

Louis stared at Nick and back at Harry. He was wondering who Harry would be with and did not want to leave until his name was called out. Fortunately, he was the next in line and Louis assumed he had heard Zayn's name being called next to Harry's. He smiled faintly and went with Nick up to their room. Harry had never talked to Zayn. He knew he was one of Louis' best friends and, therefore, would probably not be great friends with him.

« So, Harry, what are you doing here ? You don't play football, do you ? Zayn asked with a friendly tone that amazed Harry.
- No, I don't, he laughed lightly. I'm actually here to take pictures for the yearbook.
- Nice ! Make sure to work on my angles, he chuckled. You know, I just wanted to clear the air on something. It's not because I'm Louis' friend that I agree with everything he does. That thing going on between you two is so consuming that even we, Louis' friends, are tired of it. I mean you guys do whatever you want, it's none of my business, you know ?
- Between us ? Harry's eyes widened. Could Louis have told them ?
- Well, yes. The hate, the fights and everything, you know ?
- Oh, right ! Harry smiled awkwardly slowly acknowledging that he did not know. »