Chapter 30

Harry woke up that morning with a heavy heart. His head was resting in the warmth of Louis' neck and he inhaled every ounce of his masculine yet so sweet scent. Oddly, it felt like the last time and some melancholy overwhelmed the grown up lover. A few minutes later, he got out of his hold and reached for his phone. He had received Snapchats of their house back in London from Eleanor. If he had had the choice two weeks back, he would have been quite content of going back. But, here, in Louis' arms, with his heart beating against his back, everything was different and for the worse. He did not want to pack, he did not want to go back to London anymore. But things were different from the end of high school. He could not just walk away from his new life. Or could he ? Either way, Louis had one too and how would they even manage to figure everything out at only twenty years old ?

He walked out of bed, went downstairs, dialed Niall's number and waited for his friend to answer his call.

« Harry ? he heard Niall's sleepy voice call out.
- Yeah. Sorry, were you asleep ?
- No, I just woke up.
- Right. Do you thing maybe you could come by ? For breakfast or something ?
- I mean ... Yeah. You're alright ?
- Yeah. Just wanna talk to you before actually leaving. »

Niall could feel Harry's hesitation in his voice so he dressed up quickly and hopped into his car. When he opened the front door, Harry was cooking breakfast in the kitchen while Louis was looking rather sleepy, his hair as messy as it could be. He was sitting on the counter, watching Harry's naked back muscles while drinking a tea, the other one had probably made for him. Niall smiled at that lovely sight and joined them.

« Hey, he smiled.
- Niall ? Louis looked rather surprised.
- I told him to come by, Harry said.
- Does that mean I have to share my pancakes ? Louis teased, pouting his lower lip.
- So, are you guys a thing now, or what ? Niall changed the subject. »

Harry and Louis exchanged a quick furtive look, both hoping the other one would answer what their hearts were screaming. But they remained silent. Harry nervously chuckled and blushed as he turned back to cutting the bread. Louis looked down at himself and realized he was wearing nothing but boxers. He let out a soft giggle and said :

« I'm gonna get dressed, I'll be back in ten. »

Niall smiled at Louis hurrying upstairs to put a shirt on and leaned next to Harry. He knew his friend too well not to see the preoccupied look on his face.

« What's up, H ? »

Harry turned to him as if he had been waiting for this moment for ever and sighed deeply. He put down the bread he was cutting and jumped on the counter.

« I don't wanna go anymore, Ni.
- What do you mean ?
- I'm at the same point I was two years ago. I'm still stuck and I don't know what I have to do to move on. I don't wanna go back to England because he's, he made a pause and gulped. He's my home. He is my one in a million and I would chose him ten thousand times and more. I can't go, here again he shook his head.
- Wow, you've got a lot on your mind for someone telling me nothing's wrong, Niall chuckled. But, H, aren't these just old feelings coming back ? »

Harry shook his head energetically and turned to his friend with tortured eyes.

« He's the one. I'm not the same when I'm away, you know ? He turns me into an other part of me which I like better. When he's here, I smile a little more, laugh a bit louder and love much harder. It's like, he buried his face in his hands, it's like he is the only one, you know ? Kisses never felt the same when they weren't his and, should I talk about having sex ? No, I definitely shouldn't.
- Not with me, no, Niall laughed.
- I don't know what to do.
- What will make you the more happy ? You've only got one life, H. And one love. »

Harry let those words sink in until Louis eventually came back, all showered and dressed up, looking like that fine man he was. Harry could not help but stare, examine every curve of his body, every features of his face and every expression of his eyes. Louis was just standing there, laughing with Niall and Harry had never seen anything more beautiful. His cheekbones were so sharp he felt like he would cut himself if his fingers would brush against it. His feathery hair were golden from the winter sun reflecting on them, making his fair complexion bring out the majestic blue of his eyes. Harry could not even put into words how beautiful his eyes were. They were the reflect of every of his emotions and nothing ever looked quite like it, not even the sea and not even the sky. He had always loved how his eyes would crinkle when Louis would laugh, or how he would scrunch his nose and pinch his lips whenever someone said something nice about him. He loved how he looked so rough but was the most sentimental person he knew. But in a few hours, he would be miles away from this sight and, that, was slowly breaking his heart.

Six hours until Harry's flight

Harry could feel Louis' eyes scripting his every moves as he was packing again. They were both being quite quiet, enjoying the last hours in each other's presence.

« So, are you excited to see Eleanor, Mitch and Perrie ? Louis asked, trying to look eager for Harry.
- Yeah, Harry answered sternly.
- I'm going up, you coming ?
- I'll be right behind you. »

Louis put on one of Harry's jumper and climbed on the roof like they always used to. He was quickly followed by the other one who could not stand being far away. As Harry was about to sit next to Louis, he turned to him and giggled softly, his fond eyes melting over Louis' face.

« What ? Louis asked.
- There really is one thing that hasn't changed about you, he chuckled.
- What ? Louis' smile spread to his ears.
- Your height ! Harry laughed even louder, clapping his hands like it was the funniest thing he had ever said.
- You're a fucking idiot, Styles, Louis' smile faded away and turned into a scrunch face.
- You're so small, Harry pinched Louis' cheek.
- Get your hands off me ! Louis frowned, pretending that he was annoyed when all he could do was smile fondly. »

They sat there in silence for a bit, just smoking their cigarettes until Harry turned to Louis.

« We'll talk, right ?
- What ? Louis turned to Harry.
- When we'll both be gone. We won't stop talking, right ?
- No. We won't stop talking.
- Right.
- Yeah, Louis sighed, letting a cloud of smoke out of his lungs. »

Harry rested his head on Louis' shoulder, almost folded in two which only made him laugh a bit while Louis kept on pushing him away, but always bringing him closer afterwards. When they went down, Gemma and Anne were back. They both looked rather surprised to see Louis here but, still not as much as Harry and Louis would have expected it. As Louis was helping Anne with the tea, Gemma pulled Harry in her room.

« So ?
- So what ?
- Are you guys back to being a thing ?
- We never were « a thing ».
- Yeah, right, she rolled her eyes. Just answer me !
- I don't know, alright ? I don't know.
- Well. Shit.
- Yeah. Shit. »

They exchanged a look and laughed. The two siblings went back downstairs and that is when she was hit with how hard they had both fallen again. The blue of Louis' eyes was shining just like a summer day sky would whenever he would lay eyes back on Harry and, it was strange, to see them both act like they were eighteen again. They were giggling on the couch, playing with each other like they were alone and it was a shame that in no time, they were back to being pulled away.