Chapter 6:The Office

Trixie's POV

"So, where do you want to eat Trixie?"

"Well, could we go to your place?"

"My place?"

"Yeah, I don't feel like being around too many people."

"Okay, we can order take out if you want or I could cook."

"Ooh, you cook?"

"Yes, I cook. Is that bad?"

"I mean, you don't seem like the type who cooks. You seem like you have people who cook for you." Katya laughed as she stopped at a red light.

"I don't know how to feel about that " I leaned on the center console and smiled at Katya. She chuckled and looked at me as she drove. "What?"

"Are you gonna tell me what you do now?"

"Didn't plan on it."

"Why the hell not?"

"Because I don't see a reason to." I leaned back in my seat and crossed my arms.

"Ugh, whatever."

"You are a brat wow."

"Sure am."

"I'll have to see if I can fix that." Katya's words came out of nowhere and they caused chills to run through my body. I ignored the feeling and continued to mess with Katya.

"I doubt you could do that."

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"And why not?"

"Hmm, just wouldn't." I was about to say something until Katya's phone started to ring on her bluetooth. She groaned as she answered. "Hello mother."

"Yekaterina, I did not raise you to be rude."

"Mother, you barely raised me in the first place."

"Don't sass me."

"Yes ma'am." I had to cover my mouth to stifle my laughter. "What did I do this time mother?"

"Katya, your uncle came all this way to check on you."

"No, he came to make sure I am not running father's business into the ground. Little does he know it's bigger than ever."

"Katya.

"Bye mother." Katya ended the call as she shook her head.

"Um, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine.

"Fine isn't the same as okay. You can talk to me Katya." I put my hand on Katya's as I smiled softly. She took a deep breathe and kissed my hand.

"We're gonna stop by my office, I forgot some paperwork that I needed."

"Okay." Katya pulled into a parking lot of a hotel. "Oh, you run a hotel?"

"Well, I don't. My younger brother and sister oversee the hotel."

"Then what do you do?" Katya stepped out of the car and smiled. "Stop avoiding my question."

"Come on." I followed Katya inside, feeling a bit annoyed. Katya took my hand and lead me to the elevator. She pressed the button for the highest floor and leaned against the silver rail. "Trixie."

"Yeah?"

"Come here."

"Huh?" Katya motioned for me with her finger. I stood in front of her, staring in her eyes. Katya put her hand on my cheek and the only thing I could do, was melt into her touch. She moved her hand up, tucking a loose piece of hair behind my ear.