Chapter 28:Be Still

Trixie's POV
Katya spent her night tossing and turning. She seemed like she had the weight of the world on her shoulders. I turned on my side to watch Katya. She was standing on her balcony, watching it rain. I grabbed her coat and walked behind her, putting the black coat around her shoulders. "You'll catch a cold."

"Thank you baby. What time is it?"

"2:30." Katya nodded her head and took a drag of her cigarette. "Katya, what's wrong? I know something is bothering you."

"I was just thinking about what you told me, about what your friends said."

"What about it?"

"They are right baby. Being around me is dangerous. I don't want anything to happen to you." Katya put her hand on my cheek as she looked in my eyes. "Trixie, I love you and it would kill me if anything happen to you because of me. I wouldn't be able to live with myself. My father used to tell my mother that he kept a gold plated handgun just in case she ever got killed because of him."

"To kill the men who killed her?"

"Well, no that handgun was for himself. He said that if he ever had to live life without her, he wouldn't."

"He would kill himself?"

"Yes. I always thought he was just fucking crazy but love makes you that way. Love makes you feel as if you can't function without that person, the person that has become half of your whole. I'm not saying I'd kill myself but I sure as hell would want to die, right then and there."

"Katya..I don't care how dangerous your life is. I would rather live close to the danger and have you than be safe and without you." Katya chuckled and put a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"I don't want something so beautiful to end up broken."

"Then don't break me." I kissed Katya's hand that rested on my cheek."You asked me last night if I was yours..do you want me to be?"

"In all honesty, yes. I want that more than anything or at least that's what I thought."

"What do you mean?"

"I want you to be safe, that is at the top of my list."

"Katya, who says that I won't be? Do you really love me?"

"Yes, I love you."

"Then I know you will do everything in your power to make sure I don't get harmed in anyway."

"You know just what to say to make me feel better." I laid my head on Katya's chest and listened to her heartbeat.

"I love you Katya. That seems crazy to say but I love you. I don't want to be friends anymore, it doesn't feel right. I know titles don't mean anything but I want to be the only woman in your life."

"Trixie, you've been the only woman eversince the first night I met you. You hooked me right then and there. I thought it was just me enjoying the chase but it turned out to be so much more. I started to have feelings for you, strong feelings. I thought it would be easy to just push those aside but every time I touched you, heard your voice, or saw your smile..it pulled me deeper. Deeper into the pool of my feelings for you. Well, what started as a pool but turned into an ocean and even though I know how to swim, I want to drown."

"Is that bad?" Katya leaned against the railing, letting the rain hit her hands.

"I don't know, is it Trixie?"

"I don't think it is." Katya stayed silent, as she kept her head down. I sighed and kissed her cheek. "I work tonight so I'm going to go home and get in the mindset for that. I'll talk to you later Katya."