Chapter 7:Start Of A Good Night

Katya's POV

Trixie was a fucking dime in a short skirt and crop top. As soon as we stepped foot in my house, Trixie took off the jacket she was wearing. It was hard not to stare at her, so hard. "Katya, stop staring at me."

"I'm not.

"Yes, you are. You've been staring at me for the past ten minutes."

"You have no proof."

"Oh, whatever. Why are you staring at me?"

"Because you're so beautiful." Trixie rolled her eyes as she put a forkful of vegetables in her mouth.

"Shut up."

"But you are."

"Uh huh, well if I am so beautiful then tell me what you do."

"Now, why would I do that?"

"Friends know these type of things."

"Oh, we are friends?"

"Well, I mean maybe."

"Hmm, what if I want to be more than friends?"

"I can't have a girlfriend that doesn't tell me what she does ma'am. I would be afraid that she'd be in danger while I'm waiting for her at home."

"Oh, whatever you drama queen."

"I'm not being a drama queen, that is fully a concern. You could be a fucking Russian mafia boss for all I know." I chuckled awkwardly as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Yeah.." Trixie stared at me then put down her fork.

"You gotta be fucking joking. Katya, really?"

"Well.."

"Well what?"

"It is my father's business. I guess you could call it the mafia." Trixie crossed her arms as she raised an eyebrow at me.

"Do you have a bunch of people or goons that will do whatever you tell them?"

"Uh yeah."

"Do you have a powerful and controlling influence?"

"Well, I guess."

"Do you use criminal methods to have said influence?"

"Why does this matter?"

"Because you ma'am, are a mob boss." Trixie chuckled as she looked at me. "A crime boss, a crime lord, a don, a gang boss, aka a kingpin."

"Alright hush."

"How did you even get that kind of job?"

"It was my dad's line of work. He was one of the biggest crime lords in Russia. That is part of the reason we had to come to America."

"What did he do?"

"That man did it all. He was wanted for murder, extortion, corruption of public officials, infiltration of legitimate businesses, loan sharking, tax fraud schemes and stock manipulation schemes. No one dared to stand up against him."

"I mean I could see why. He was huge."

"Yeah, that is why almost everyone was scared of him, because he could have your head on a silver platter at the drop of a dime. What he had, everyone wanted. Everyone was out to get him, in anyway they could. Well the newcomers were anyway."

"Is that the other reason you left?"

"Yes. When I was younger, there was a surge of newcomers into the business. They came from America or Italy. After spending a week in Russia's underground markets, they knew how much power my father had. So they went to any means to try and get it. My dad had the police department under his finger, along with half of Russia's politicians. Anyone who could take him down, would be set for life."