Chapter 39:Darkness

Trixie slowly opened her eyes, she was met with the sunlight peeking through the curtains. She looked at her phone and saw that Katya had sent a text, telling her that she loved her. It brought a smile to Trixie's face. Sure, it wasn't Katya herself but it was the next best thing. Trixie sat up in bed, looking out of the window. She watches the trees being blown by the wind.

Trixie had taken a shower and eaten to start her day. She was bored out of her mind. Yesterday, she had done two weeks worth of classwork so that was out of the question. Trixie decided to go into the garage, where Ivan had spent most of his time. "Good morning Ms. Mattel."

"Good morning Ivan."

"Is there something you need?"

"I'm bored." Ivan chuckled and set down the gun he was cleaning.

"Well, would you like to go out?"

"Where?"

"I don't know. How about shopping? I used to take my daughter to this dress shop not far from here."

"Daughter? You have a daughter?"

"I did."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, you didn't know."

"May I ask what happened to her?"

"She was ill. Ever since she was a baby."

"That had to be awful for you."

"She lived a happy life, that is enough for me. But enough about me, how about you go get dressed and we'll go see what we can do?"

"Really?"

"Yes, Ms. Zamolodchikova put you in my care. I have to keep you safe and happy." Trixie smiled and nodded her head. She turned around, walking back to the house.

***

"Um Ms. Zamolodchikova, are you sure?"

"Yes Anatoly."

"But, you two aren't married?"

"Listen, put her name down alright?"

"Okay, I will. But may I ask why?"

"Because Anatoly.." Katya say down and looked outside. "There is trouble coming and I want to make sure I set everything in place."

"Trouble?" Katya took out her phone, handing it to her lawyer. He looked at the messages on Katya's phone.

"Does this have to do with what Sasha was found on the phone? The phone that you got from the guy that tried to attack you?"

"Yes, that and so much more. I thought that it was just nothing. A few people, maybe trying to find more money on the side but it's more than that."

"Do you know who is giving them orders?"

"Yes, but I don't want anyone else to get involved, so just do this for me and forget about all of this. I thought that they were trying to kill Trixie, but that was just a warning."

"Katya, you could talk to your family and they could solve this."

"Just do what I asked, okay? Send me the documents and I will sign them right away."

"Yes ma'am."

"Thank you Anatoly." Katya stood up and walked to the office door, she grabbed the door knob and turned around. "If anything happens, I want you to be the one to explain everything to Trixie okay? You send for her and tell her every single thing."