{21} Weasley is Our King

PERCY'S POV

The next few weeks passed quickly thanks to the addition of the DA. It was annoying at first, because they had to work around the Quidditch practices for three different teams, but Hermione made gold coins- galleons, I think they're called- that have numbers on the bottom that change when Harry sets the date. 

Everyone was very impressed about her being able to cast something called the Protean charm, which Annabeth explained was a difficult spell usually not taught until Year 6 or 7. 

The meetings were put on hold as the first Quidditch match of the season, Gryffindor vs. Slytherin neared. In the days leading up to the game it became apparent just how competitive the students and teachers of Hogwarts were. Professor McGonagall didn't give them homework the week of the match, and Professor Snape turned a blind eye to all the reports of Slytherins attempts to hex Gryffindor players. 

When the day of the match finally rolled around, everyone was up and in the stands bright and early. I sat beside a group of Gryffindors including Hermione and Neville, as well as the other demigods, including Piper and Nico, who had managed to sneak over from the Slytherin side. 

Luna Lovegood was there too, with a rather peculiar hat that they had a good laugh about. 

The match started after a very tense handshake between the two captains. Ron headed for the goals, and Harry zoomed around the pitch looking for the little gold ball. The twins' friend Lee Jordan was commentating.

"And it's Johnson- Johnson with the Quaffle, what a player that girl is, I've been saying it for years but she still won't go out with me-"

"JORDAN!" McGonagall yelled.

"Just a fun fact, Professor, adds a bit of interest- and she's ducked Warrington, she's passed Montague, she's- ouch- been hit from behind by a Bludger from Crabbe... Montague catches the Quaffle, Montague heading back up the pitch and- nice Bludger there from George Weasley, that's a Bludger to the head for Montague, he drops the Quaffle, caught by Katie Bell, Katie Bell of Gryffindor reverse-passes Alicia Spinnet and Spinnet's away, dodges Warrington, avoids a Bludger- close call, Alicia- and the crowd are loving this, just listen to them, what's that they're singing?" 

As Lee paused to listen, the song rose from the Slytherin section of the stands:

"Weasley cannot save a thing,

He cannot block a single ring,

And that's why Slytherins all sing:

Weasley is our King.

Weasley was born in a bin

He always lets the Quaffle in

Weasley will make sure we win

Weasley is our King."

"-and Alicia passes back to Angelina!" Lee shouted, trying to block out the words of the song, "Come on, now, Angelina- looks like she's just got the Keeper to beat! She shoots- she- aaah...."

The Slytherin Keeper saved the goal, throwing it to another player who zig-zagged past Alicia and Katie. The singing grew louder and louder as he got closer to Ron.

"Weasley is our King,

Weasley is our King,

He always lets the Quaffle in,

Weasley is our King."

Cheers rose from the Gryffindor section of the stands in support of Ron, but it didn't matter. The song had already gotten into his head. 

He missed. Slytherin scored. 

PIPER'S POV

"I'm sorry about them." I apologised to my friends as we left the stadium.

Gryffindor had won in the end, thanks to Harry catching the Snitch, but it had been a devastating match. 

"It's not your fault." Jason reassured me.

The others began to all chime in, agreeing with him, but Hermione interrupted us. 

"Harry and the twins have been suspended from the Quidditch team!" She exclaimed, still short of breath from running to catch up with us.

"What? Why? What happened?" Percy asked.

"Malfoy was bitter they lost the match, so he came over and kept taunting them until they attacked him. McGonagall broke it up, and I think they would have gotten off with just a detention- all of them- but then Umbridge interfered."

Clarisse muttered a string of very explicit insults that made Hazel's eyes widen and even made Hermione look taken aback. 

"For once, I agree with her." Percy said.

Annabeth nodded, a dark look on her face.

"What's the big deal?" Leo wondered, "Like, it's not the end of the world, right? Oh shoot, that didn't happen again, right? Did we miss it? Because I hate to miss apocalypses, they make my life so much better."

Hermione frowned, opening her mouth to respond, probably about the end of Leo's comment, but Annabeth interjected before she could say anything.

"It means that Umbridge is gaining power, and she's definitely playing favourites." 

"Annabeth's right," Hermione agreed, "This is only going to get worse from here on out."

A/N: Are you guys ready for the next chapter? Hagrid's back and there are some surprise guests at the end of the chapter.