3.6

Promise

Jerome turned his head smiling at the teenage girl who couldn't seem to stop laughing

Jerome turned his head smiling at the teenage girl who couldn't seem to stop laughing. "Okay JoJo it wasn't that funny." He said laughing.

She covered her mouth and nodded. "Yes it was."  As the laughter died down it was silent again. "When's your mom coming back?" Josette asked.

Jerome sighed wrapping an arm around the small girl "Who knows  hopefully never." He said with a chuckle trying to hide the sadness.

The 16 year old Jerome looked down at Josette with a warm smile wanting nothing more than to crash his lips against hers but that would never happen.

Sure people thought they were dating but there were just best friends. The 16 and 15 year old acted like a couple a bit, like sometimes they would hold hands hug, lay down together but they would never go further than that.

No kissing and no 'I love you's', even though both of them secretly wanted that.

Jerome pulled them both down on his old bed in his trailer he shared with his bitch of a mother.

The brunette reminded on his chest with nothing but butterflies in her stomach.

"Jo?" Jerome said softly.

"Hmm?" She asked giving him her full attention.

"Promise we'll always be close, and that you won't leave me." He spoke in a whisper.

"I promise."

-

Josette smiled at the sweet memory missing those days, where Jerome wasn't a complete ass hole.

The girl needed to daydream about that wonderful memory to remind her that Jerome wouldn't do what she thought he was doing.

She was scared, every possibility was racing through her mind though she was to terrified to bring it up.

This whole month was a bit hard for the girl, some moments were great like the girls were finally together in the newly remodeled house, Josette and Cordelia were closer than ever, and Gotham citizens had calmed down about witches, someone different was now on their minds and that someone was Jerome Valeska.

That was the hard part of this month, him. Constantly raining terror on the city more than ever now, broadcasting his killing on live television making Josette switch the channel every now and then.

That wasn't the worst part. He was acting strange, extremely strange which was scaring Josette. The ginger had been leaving every night, sometimes to wreck havoc in Gotham but other times going somewhere else that was unknown to Josette.

Jerome stepped out of the closet he was changing in while his girlfriend laid on his bed scrolling through her phone. "Okay I'll be back."

Josette looked away from her device noticing Jerome was wearing a rather nice and clean suit. The girl scoffed with a soft laugh "What do you mean it's 10 o'clock at night?"