017

Meliodas's P.O.V

"You and me both," Gloxinia says with a growing smirk, "But that was a long time ago, I am not the Ten Commandments Gloxinia of Repose," He smirks down at us.

'Gloxinia...' I think to myself.

I look up to see King and Gloxinia, King yelling at the first fairy king and Gloxinia giving very vague answers, "All you have to do is win this festival, once you make it official then I shall answer anything you want to know," Gloxinia says to King who floats down.

"The first fairy king?! Why is he one of Galand's and Melascula's comrades?!" Jericho asks.

"I can't believe he's been alive all this time!!" A new voice speaks and I guess it is Elaine since she's floating like King.

"Well then, I don't know about you but all this chit-chat is putting me to sleep!! Let the Grand Battle Festival Begin!!" Gloxinia says, "Come on you're up! Our organisation assistant Taizoo~!"

"Taizoo... Why is that familiar?" Y/N says.

"Wasn't he the three years in a row champion?" Howzer asks.

"And you ruined that for him," She smirks at Howzer, "He wants revenge now on you."

"Y/N," I speak up, "Stop, your nerves are acting up again."

"I'm perfectly fine," I say and fiddle with Ban's fingers without realising it.

"Welcome, you battle-starved beasts! It seems there were a lot more of you that cleared the labyrinth than we expected!!" Taizoo shouts.

"Was he always this..." Y/N says and struggles for the word, "Strange?"

"So to kick things off, we'll start with pairs battling it out in a tag-team match competition!! Who's with me?!" Taizoo was and we all just stare at him in silence, "T...Tough crowd..."

Gowther arrives by jumping on... Escanor... "Ahh, my apologies... It appears I may have slightly miscalculated my landing position," He says looking at the fallen sin.

We watch their interaction and how Escanor freaks out about the broken glasses, "That's the Lion sin... Sir Escanor?" Elizabeth questions.

"Trust me, I know you're thinking... The man standing before you right now, saying he has self-esteem issues would be an understand..." I answer.

"THE PRECIOUS GLASSES THAT MERLIN GIFTED ME... TH-TH-THEY'RE BEYOND REPAIR!! WITHOUT THESE, I....I...I JUST...GAAAAH!!" He screeches.

"You annoy me," Gloxinia says, "Plus you're bringing the beginning of the festivities to a standstill," Gloxinia says and his Vasquez pierces Escanor straight through.

Ban, Y/N and I rush to Escanor, "ESCANOR!!!" 

"I...I... Still haven't... told Merlin... I... I can't die yet... I don't want to... Not like this...." Escanor says with tears in his eyes.

"Just like this!" Gloxinia says and a droplet lands on Escanor healing him.

Y/N gets to Escanor and he looks up at her, "Lady Y/N! How wonderful to see you!" Escanor says with a small nervous smile, "Where's Merlin?"

"Not here," Y/N shakes her head and looks up at Gloxinia as she takes hold of my hand, "Okay many a little nervous."

I wrap my arm around her waist pulling her to me.

"Now that I've given everyone just a little taste, let's hurry and split them up into pairs!! Well then... The honours all your, Dolor!" Gloxinia says.