032

Y/N's P.O.V

Just before Meliodas started to explain, Adam walks in, "Sorry, do you mind if I hear this?" He asks.

"Of course not," Meliodas says and I sit beside Meliodas taking his hand. He looks at me, "Can you start?"

I sigh and look up at the ceiling, "It's been 3000 years since the Holy War... But during its midst... For the sins... Elizabeth, I and Meliodas, this is the punishment they set upon us. As two of the demon clan... For assisting the goddess clan as well as Meliodas taking the hand of one from the goddess clas and furthermore, the sin of betraying our own comrades and killing them... As one of the goddess clan, for uniting with one from the demon clan, becoming obsessed with a demon and making him fall in love with him... The sin of saving even he enemy, the Ten Commandments," I start.

"Punishment? From whom?" King asks.

"Both of our gods," Meliodas tells him and leans against me, "The one who controls the demon clan, The Demon King. The one who governs the goddess class, The Supreme Deity... After the spell had been temporarily broken by Y/N, they had enough of Elizabeth and me, but Y/N... She just got in the way for they punished her as well," Meliodas adds, "We all lost our lives," He adds.

"...At least they should have been, I still don't know how much time passed, whether it was one day or a few days, but we woke up... Together in the position, we died in and our wounded bodies had been completely restored to normal but Elizabeth lay dead beside us," I tell then, "Without any idea of what had happened to us, all I could do was glare at the dead body as Meliodas cried... Our death reactivated the love spell, the only thing we knew was that while we were unconscious, the Holy Way had ended."

"And then I realised that for some reason, we were ageing at all. Well, we figured out the reason later on anyways... We both got our love back to how it was and we wandered together, through the battle-torn Britannia, ravaged by the Holy War... We met once again, she did have any wings unlike the Elizabeth who died, but she looked exactly like her. The spell told me it was her, but when I hugged her she punched me away so I figured out soon enough she had no memory of us," Meliodas says and closes his eyes.

"Imagine how happy I was," I say, "Even though, Meliodas acted without thinking... She took us in and opened up to us... She was apart of the Savage Tribe, we all got to know each other and begun to share things... The love spell on Meliodas was taking over and he loved her and me at the same time... Again..." I rest my head on Meliodas', "One day, Elizabeth's right eyes underwent a transformation at the same time her power awakened, along with the symbol of the goddess clan, the power to heal also manifested itself. We had it confirmed, Elizabeth was reborn... Imagine how unhappy I was."

"Easy now," Meliodas looks at me, "So anyway, we never thought it would be possible but I was just so eager... Ignored Y/N's warnings, I told Elizabeth all about it and that triggered Elizabeth's memories of her previous life beginning to return in fragments. And soon the goddess symbol began to appear in the left eye as well. She told me she remembered everything and I was so happy... She told we have been cursed and explained the curse to me, she didn't seem to want it to be broken... When I explained it to Y/N, I promised her I'd break it... She was so miserable and I didn't notice it... I thought she was happy, Y/N was always smiling even to Elizabeth... then 3 days later... Elizabeth died right before my eyes."

"They cursed us with Eternal Life and Perpetual Reincarnation, Meliodas and I will never again age and even if we should die, we will be revived and Elizabeth will continue to live out short lifespan as a human and each time she will forget all memories of her previous lives. Whenever she regains her memories then no matter what happens, even if Meliodas tries to protect her after three days, she will die... It's unavoidable... That isn't all.." I say and sigh rubbing the back of my head, "Every time she returns she will meet Meliodas and fall in love with him, causing him to fall in love with her and forgetting about his love for me... Eventually."

"Whenever she dies, it'll always be in front of my eyes," Meliodas says, "It's been 3000 years since then, just like that... We've met 107 Elizabeths, 106 times... That's how many times I've watched over Elizabeth's final moments. No matter how many times it keeps happening, I just can't ever get used to this... That's why, in order to release me and Y/N from this suffering, I promised Y/N to break the curse and we would be free," Meliodas says, "In order to free this curse, it would take the power of the Demon King, the Supreme Deity or at the very least, someone equivalent power... For example... Zeldris who the Demon King has lent his strength to... And on top of them, something I've now learned from Bartra's prophecies, the revival of The Ten Commandments and the end of The Eight Deadly Sins, I'm sorry... I never meant to up deceiving you all like this..."

Meliodas stands up and helps me up, "Wait! But if the curse is broke... Then what will happen to you two and Elizabeth?" Diane asks crying.

Meliodas and I look at her, "Our Eternal Lives and Perpetual Reincarnation will end," Meliodas smiles sadly, "This is the goal of our journey," Meliodas looks at me, "You don't have to stay with me with her."

I shake my head, "I was there 105 times, I wasn't there last time and I regret it... You may not be under the spell of hers anymore, but... I know it still hurts because we both have good memories..." I smile and hold his hand, "Through good and bad times... Isn't that what the humans say?" I smile a little.

"I really don't deserve you, do I?" Meliodas asks.

"S...So..." Hawk says with tears and snot running down his face, "Then the three of you will..."

"Anyways... I'm sure you had other things you wanted to talk about..." Meliodas says and Diane tries to get him to continue, "Diane... What is it we need to do right now?" He asks.

"Go to Corand and destroy the dimensional distortion..." She sniffs wiping her eyes.

"Then, for now, let's just focus on the goal right in front of us!" Meliodas says and looks at me, "Y/N... Come with me for a moment," He says and we leave, going to our room and sit on our bed.

"I'm not leaving you Meliodas," I say and look at him.

"We could die when the curse is lifted or we could not," Meliodas says and I look at me, "I don't want that," He grinds his teeth, "Y/N... I'm so sorry for everything I've put you through with her," He says and I wrap my arms around him, "Y/N...?"

"No matter what, I'm sure... Alive or dead none of that matters, 3000 years and I'm not going anywhere without you," I smile, "Afterlife or Purgatory... I'm following you."

"No, you are not! If I'm in Purgatory, you stay here... Promise!" He leans back.

"Okay," I nod and smile, "I promise Meli," I smile and lean in, kissing his cheek.

"I really don't deserve you... Why do you stay with me?" He asks.

"You really asking me that question?" I ask and smile, "I stay because I love you, you love me and under the spell, you love me deep down and that's why always helped me come back to you," I smile and kiss his lips softly, "Now, shall we get some sleep?"

"Sounds good," He nods, "Then... I'll make up a makeshift bed in her room... Or something," He says and we both remove our armour.

I pt one of Meliodas's shirts one and do my evening routine. I look at him when I sit on the bed and he turns to me with a smile, "How are you feeling?" I ask and hold my hands out to him.

He walks to the bed and sits in front of me, "I'm sad but not heartbroken," He tells me, "I feel like I can go on when I normally can't... Make sense?" I nod and he rests his foreheads against mine, "Good, it didn't in my mind," He says and we both get under covers, he pulls me into his arms and I rest my head on his chest.

"Meliodas... You do deserve me, now more than before..." I curl up against him, "I love you so much."

"I love you too," He whispers and we both soon fall asleep.