022

Y/N's P.O.V

A month has passed since Estarossa killed Meli, there have been many with the strength, fortitude and will to oppose the demon race, but in the face of the Ten Commandments, there was only little anyone could do. As the days wore on, gradually the numbers began to wither and wane as a wave of darkness eroded away the might of Britannia. 

With the terror of the Ten Commandments casting a towering shadow over all the people of the land... A certain act began to become prevalent among them. They were known for feasting upon the fallen souls, only the strongest souls, they couldn't care about the weaker ones. I began to notice that some would do their bidding to protect their families and others out of adoration for the Ten Commandments. They were offering people up, known as possible Holy Knights once as sacrifices, in hopes they would be spared.

Since Estarossa killed Meliodas I haven't spoken to anyone, the last words I spoke was Meliodas's name. No one asked me to talk, Hawk and Elizabeth tried to get a conversation out of me, but nothing would work. I don't fight unless someone tries to take Meliodas or myself as sacrifices for the Ten Commandments. 

Half of me believes I'm overreacting due to not doing anything, but another half of me doesn't think that. My strength has always been Meliodas and now he's gone, I don't know what to do. More demons have escaped the demon realm and it is massive bloodshed throughout the whole of Britannia. 

"Lady Y/N..." Elizabeth walks to the table I'm sat at and I look at her. Elizabeth has been with me since that night, she hasn't left my side. I'm both complaining and not complaining, "It's Arthur, he's... Struggling..."

I drink more of my ale before finishing it and I look to the stairs, "We'll stay with him Y/N..." Hawk says and I look at my pig best friend, "You don't need to say anything we can tell you're battling yourself, but can I say something? If Meliodas knew all you did was sit around and mope... What would he do?" I bite my lip knowing the pig is right, Meliodas wouldn't want this, "You're strong Y/N, whatever darkness will not take you over... The love the two of you have is strong and it's forever. Go, our friends need you."

I stand up grabbing my staff and I walk out of the tavern, before teleporting to Camelot. I slice the Grey Demon in front of Arthur in heart cutting one heart with my Enchant Hellslice.

I land in front of Arthur, "Lady Y/N... You're back..." Arthur says looking at me shocked, "What side have you chosen?" I look at him and point to him, "Never doubted you!" He grins a little. 

I turn the Grey Demon and my black wings grow, "You dare... Turn your... Back on... Us... Your race... Your family..." The Grey Demon says before his eyes turn back and his body lifeless.

"You may be my race, but you are not my family," I say, my voice breaks due to a month without talking. 

Arthur runs and wraps his arms around my waist, "You did it!!" He cheers.

"Yeah! You show 'em who's the boss lady, Lady Y/N!" A Camelot knight shouts jumping.

I look at Arthur and pat his head gently, his cheeks fluster a little, "What of Sir Meliodas?" He asks and I look away, "I'm sorry, forget I asked." I look at a man with raven long hair in a ponytail and dressed in a kimono, "Oh, that's right you don't know him... That's Sir Nanashi, I met him at that festival... He's been a great help... If it hadn't been for him, I'd have been in quite the predicament before you showed up. Thank you, both of you."

"...As long as that cat creature is by your side, you shall not stare death in the eye," Nanashi says.

"King Arthur!! The demon race's reinforcements have arrived!!" A knight shouts pointing to multiple Blue Demons flying towards us before shooting fireballs at us.