Chapter 6: Co-Sensei and Oops...?

I'm cooking breakfast at around 5:30 when a knock sounds at my door. I sense a pretty strong chakra signature outside of the door. I grab a Kunai just to be careful and open the door. There stands a pretty black-haired red-eyed woman, arms crossed and a sweet smile upon her face. "Hi, how can I help you? I push the Kunai back into the pouch unnoticed by the female.

"I was informed that you would be co-leading my team and wanted to meet you. I didn't believe the Hokage when he said you would be up this early." I invite her in and she sits down at the couch. "I'm Kurenai Yuhi, I lead team eight." My eyes widen in recognition. "Your Kiba, Shino, and Hinata's Jounin Sensei. Well, it's nice to meet you, I'm Akahana Momochi." Her eyes widen. "Momochi...?" I laugh awkwardly. "We all know my Father..."

"Anyways, you like to eat breakfast with us?" She raises a brow. "Us...?" "The rest of your team?" She smiles. "That would be great, except they are staying at someone's house according to the Hokage, I just don't know who." I raise my hand. "That would be me, we'll talk about why over breakfast."

I go into my room and gently wake Hinata up. She groans but rolls to get up. "Good morning Hinata-Chan. Did you sleep well? Kurenai-Sensei is joining us this morning for breakfast. I was put on your team just like we wanted." She rubs her eyes and yawns. Standing up a stretching and going into the bathroom.

I leave to go into the boy's room, waking the two up less gently than Hinata. I turn the light on. "Morning sleepy heads! If you could kindly grace us with your presence in about 10 minutes, we are having breakfast with Kurenai-Sensei, wear your new attire, we are going to inform her. Besides, your clothes are in the washer right now anyways."

Kiba groans and Akumaru yawns. Shino sits up and rubs his eyes blearily. I grab his glasses and puts them on. As I leave the room I call back. "If you're not out in ten your be doing an extra lap per minute your late." I see Kiba jump up with a jolt and scramble to get out of bed. He hits the ground with a thud and I shut the door to let them get ready.

I set the table and put out the food, which consisted of scrambled eggs, a small portion of rice, and some small sausages. I have a smaller bowl set aside with eggs and sausage for Akumaru.

Kurenai's eyes widen slightly as the trio of genin and the nin-dog. They sit at the table. I activate the privacy seals. "I am sure you have questions Kurenai, and I'll answer them. But I want you to know what I am saying doesn't leave this house." She nods. "Your team asked me to begin training them. I agreed and we started yesterday. I assessed them from what I saw in their training with you, and I gave them things to overcome them. They each are wearing weights and they will be learning a weapon. We spent quite a while team building as well. I have developed a training schedule for them to follow after your time with them, but now that we are together I can revise it." The trio of gennin begin eating. "I also gave them some more battle-efficient clothing. We do plan on acting as if we are improving slightly, even though I can tell they have improved even within one day." She nods. "I wish to speak with you later about their training. I feel that the other Jounin-Senseis will be wanting to steal you away if they see how much they will improve."

Once the Genin are done with breakfast I have them go to the training ground. Where they will go through warm-ups and wait for their stomachs to settle before running their laps. Akumaru will be working with my summons to develop chakra control. Kurenai takes me with her to the Hokage's office.

I take notice of the several Jounin-Senseis that inside of his office. The Hokage takes a deep puff of his pipe. "I assume you know why were are here. One, I would like to welcome a new Sensei joining Kurenai in leading Team 8. Please treat Akahana Momochi here with the same respect you would your other comrades." I bow my head in respect and I hear various whispers around the room. "Now, the Chunin exams are approaching and I would like to know the genin nominees. Kakashi raises his hand lazily. "I Kakashi Hatake, Nominate Team 7 to participate in the exams." Kurenai and I step forward. "I Kurenai Yuhi, Nominate Team 8 to participate in the exams." "I Akahana Momochi, Nominate Team 8 to participate in the exams." We step back as several other team leaders step forward.