Chapter 8: Bonding Time with Kakashi

If there was anything I hated more than hospitals, it was getting discharged and people treating you like glass. The few who didn't were Team Eight and Kakashi. I send a chakra infused punch into a nearby tree, watching in satisfaction as it cracked and splintered around my hand. I hear Kakashi chuckle behind me. "Feel better?" I smirk. "A little."

There was a pause and Kakashi puts his hands in his pockets, his lone eye staring at me curiously. "What's go you so angry?" I groan. "Everyone's been treating me like glass. I'm not just going to double over in pain again, I don't have any more mental blocks and I am talking to Inoichi about it. They need to remember, that while I am young, I am a Jounin, and can still kick their ass." He sighs and places his hand.

"It'll get better, they'll recognize your strength soon enough. Until they do, want to spar?" I grin. "Hell yeah. I didn't get to use my full arsenal of weaponry and Jutsu's because of the bystanders." He raises his headband uncovering his eye while I summon a kyoketsu-shoge and swing the weighted rope around dangerously. Kakashi counts down, and we charge. I swing the weighted end and wrap it around his arm. I tug him towards me, kicking his stomach. Kakashi cuts the rope with a kunai and I mentally groan. I summon a set of fans. I channel chakra into them, watching as blades pop out of the fan and Lightning sparks along the fan dangerously.

Kakshi's eye widens. "When we are done, you have got to teach me that." I smirk. "Maybe, depends on how I'm feeling after we're done." I block Kakashi's kunai strike and slash at him, to which he dodges efficiently. I create a chakra barrier over my body before channeling Lightning Chakra over it. I kick at Kakashi, who dodges and weaves rapid hand signs. "Lightning style: Electro-Magnetic Murder!" I sheathe my fans, weaving hand signs as well. "Earth Style: Earth Wall!" I sigh. "Almost got me there." I let the lightning around me fizzle out. I make a clone, and we flip into a crouched stance. "Animal Taijutsu: Rhinoceros' charge!" We charge at him, infusing chakra into our extremities. He barely dodges a downward blow. The earth below our hit cracks and shatters.

We attack multiple times, before catching him off guard and kicking the ground, causing him to get off balance. We then quickly pin him face down into the earth in an arm lock. I grin, dispelling my clone. "I win." I let him go and give him a hand up.

He grabs my hand and stands up, rolling his shoulder out in pain. I channel healing chakra into my hands and heal the various bruises and cuts I had inflicted. He rubs the back of his neck. "If you can beat me that easily, I might need to be training more." I grin. "Don't feel too bad, I was apparently a prodigy in Kiri. I was chunin when I defected with my father, which was 6 years ago, if that is saying anything." He chuckles. "I guess your father put you through some kick-ass training to get you this good huh?" I laugh. "Yeah, I'm glad I managed to find a couple weapons masters to teach me weapons, I used various books, scrolls, and wandering teachers to help me learn. It's amazing how much you can learn out there."

We begin to exit the training grounds in silence. "You feeling better?" I grin. "Definitely. Thanks a lot Kakashi." He places a hand on my head and gives his famous close-eyed smile. "It's no problem. Anyways, are you planning on taking the ANBU exams? They are coming up shortly." I shrug. "Maybe, I want to get team 8 up to ANBU level, they have the potential, they just weren't being taught the way they needed to be." He nods. "How long do you think it'll take to get them up to the level you want them to be?" I pause a moment to think. "About 6 months if they keep going at the rate they are going. I plan on getting Kiba into seals and Shino into Medicine. Hinata will be the Strategist. They each have the capabilities to do this, they just never had the opportunity to learn. I am going to give them the chance to learn what they want to and help them the best I can."

Kakashi hums. "That's a good idea, mind if I implement it into my team?" I shrug. "Just make sure the emo brat doesn't go mad or the fangirl doesn't assault the emo boy." Kakashi scratches the back of his head and laughs. "Yeah, might not be the best idea for my team." I nod. "I would do more team building. Give them a challenge that they can only do together, if they pass it without working together discipline them. Push them to their limits and past, especially Sakura, you need to break her out of her fangirl state." He nods and looks taken aback. "That's... a really good idea... How did you think of something like that?" I sigh. "My Genin team was similar to your is, except we were all prodigies. Our sensei forced us to work together, we eventually realized how our strengths covered each other's weaknesses and we worked efficiently." Kakashi hums in thought. "Your old Sensei was a wise man." I nod. "I wonder how disappointed he and my teammates are in me. I hope they are doing alright." Kakashi places his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sure if they are as strong as you mentioned, they are perfectly fine. They are probably Jounin Sensei's themselves or ANBU if they are anywhere near your skill level." I laugh softly. "Yeah, I'm sure they are doing just fine. I hope they finally got together too, I always knew they liked one another."