Chapter 9: An Old Aquaintance

"COME ON! YOU CAN MOVE FASTER THAN THAT!" I shout at the Genin, who were running their increased amount of laps. "CHUNIN EXAMS ARE 3 DAYS AWAY! I AM GIVING YOU GUYS THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW TO HEAL, SO I AM PUSHING YOU TO YOUR MAX NOW!"

They finish their assigned laps shortly after. I lead them into sparring clones. I watch the trio intently. "COME ON KIBA, THINK! WE DIDN'T SPEND 3 WEEKS ON SHOGI JUST FOR YOU TO LOSE YOUR STRATEGY! SHINO, BALANCE OUT MORE, AIM FOR MORE PRECISE STRIKES. HINATA, PUT MORE STRENGTH INTO YOUR HITS!"

They quickly follow my advice. I call the spar to an end and the Genin walk towards me. "Go through you weapon Kata's that I taught you, then you will be meditating with me before lunch." The trio nod and move through their Kata's with vigor. After about 20 minutes I call them over to meditate.

I observe the Genin as they settle down into their meditation stances. They really have improved in the past month-and-a-half I had been training them. You could see their well-defined muscles showing through the shirts and the fierce determination burning brightly into their eyes. I smile and settle into my meditation stance.

I focus on the past months, after convincing the parents we managed to get the Hokage's approval to live together. I used a lot of the money I had gotten from bounties and high-class missions to pay for the house, while the Genin paid with their money from D-ranks to get furniture and food. Kurenai stayed with Asuma in their small home, to which Team 8 teased her relentlessly for.

We made a decent-sized house with 5 rooms, 3 bathrooms, a large kitchen, and a living room. It had a large back yard, which we turned into a large training ground. I began teaching Hinata how to use a Naginata along with her fans. The trio and nin-dog have learned a lot, Shino has an affinity for healing, and Hinata was a good strategist once she focused. Kiba was learning alongside me with seals, and he was catching on almost as quickly as I was. Akumaru was training along with the deer and a recently-gained wolf summoning contract.

I opened my eyes and smile at the relaxed faces of the Genin. "Alright, let's go get some food for you, we need to discuss strategies for the exams and tomorrow." Kiba raises an eyebrow. "You won't be training with us tomorrow?" I shake my head. "I'm supposed to be showing some ninja's around the village. I heard Kiri is participating this year, and I hope I am not touring them." Kiba grabs my hand. "Maybe we could go with you? I'm sure we are trained enough and I don't want you to be alone if that happens. Besides, I've been wanting to take you to that new restaurant." I nod with a small blush. "Alright, but you'll be trained to the bone tonight." He grins. "I'm alright with that. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't support you when you may need it." I feel my face heat up.

I forgot to mention, Kiba and I started dating after the talk in the hospital. We quickly grew closer as we move into the house with the other Genin. We stand up and begin the walk to Ichikaru's ramen. I seal kubikiribocho into my arm as we are leaving the training ground. Best not draw unwanted attention from Kiri by having one of their swords out in the open. I leave the Kusarigama tied onto my back, with my daggers in a kunai pouch and fans in their sheathe on my hips.

We settled into our seats after making our way through the bustling streets, filled with ninja from countries all around. We wait patiently to order as we chat about tomorrow. "Alright, since you three are taking the next two days off before the exams, we'll resume your training with an extra 5 laps around the training grounds. I'll also be adding another 2 pounds onto your weights. Understood?" Before they get a chance to respond I am cut off by a tap on my shoulder. I turn to see a familiar Kirigakure Shinobi with a small group of Genin behind him. I feel the color drain from my face. "Hi, I was wondering if you could..." His sentence drifts off. "Akahana?"

'Oh shit.'