Chapter 10: So we are ANBU now...?

I try to contain my panic and clear my throat. I signal to my Genin team to grab onto me, which they do quickly. I teleport us into our house. I collapse to the floor and Kiba catches me quickly. I stand up and ball my hands into fists. Kiba guides me to the couch. "Akahana, who was that?" I take a deep breath. "He was on my Genin and Chunin team back in Kiri. He, Monomi, and I made up Recon and Information Team 6. I haven't seen them after my defection. He hasn't changed one bit. He still wears that stupid bandana around his head I got him when we made it to chunin." I laugh.

"How did he recognize you?" Kiba asks softly. I touch the hairpins in the shape of two swords that held my hair away from my face. "He made these for me when we ranked up. He gave a cherry blossom pin to Monomi. No one else has anything like this anywhere. My guess is how he recognized me." Kiba pulls me into a hug. I wrap my arms around his waist and sigh. "He's probably going to tell Monomi and they won't stop looking for me until they find me. They have been searching for me for years." Kiba pulls me away. "It'll be alright. You know why?" I look at him and shake my head. "Because you have me, and if we can get through what happened while you were with your father worked through, we can work through this." I smile. "Thank you, Kiba." He gives me a toothy smile. "Let's make some food here, or I can go out and get us something."

I shake my head. "I'll cook something here, and I'm calling off physical training until the exams. If either Monomi or Daisuke sees you they'll make you tell them where I am, they can be very persuasive." He nods. "I'll get Shino and Hinata started on a game, I assume we are doing Shogi and meditating a lot then huh?" I nod and he rushes off to get Hinata and Shino the Shogi board while I get out a pot to cook rice in. I pause as a knock sounds. I scan the chakra outside, noticing it was Kakashi's I relaxed. Kakashi and I had grown closer over the months, and he was practically an older brother.

I invite him in and let him know about lunch. He steps up to help and begins filling a pot with water, knowing already what I am making. He begins to cook the rice while I begin heating up the Beef. Soon lunch is finished and I call the trio to eat. We turn away from Kakashi as he eats, and once he's finished, we start.

"So Akahana, why is there a Kirigakure Ninja asking if we know where you are?" I groan and resist the urge to slam my head onto the Kitchen table. "That's Daisuke, he was a member of my team back in Kiri." I take a bite of rice. "And how did he know you were here?" I take another bite. "We were going out to eat as a team, when he tapped me on the shoulder, probably recognizing my Jounin vest and wanting to ask something when he recognized my pin. I teleported is out of there, which probably wasn't a good idea-" "You think?" I shoot him a nasty look. "I freaked out, ok? I haven't seen him since I was, I don't know, a rogue ninja for 6 years and had been trying to avoid running into him, or Monomi like the plague, because I didn't want to feel any guilt." He sighs.

"Kakashi-Sensei, if I may," Hinata speaks up. He nods a go-ahead and she continues. "She was mentally unprepared to meet them, she wasn't thinking of the possibility that they would be here." He sighs. "I know Hinata, thank you though." He turns to me. "If you ever need me, you know you can come to me." I smile. "I know, and it'll probably end up with us sparring and me kicking your ass into the ground." I see my Shino smiling while Kiba and Hinata struggle to hold in their laughs.

Kakashi deadpans at me. "Cheeky." I smile while Kiba and Hinata begin laughing softly. I eat and watch as my Genin begins softly bickering between one another. Kakashi stands up. "Well, I've got to go, I need to check on my Genin. By the way, good tips, they are actually acting as a team now." I smile. "You welcome Kakashi. Now, get to your Genin, don't be too late now." He gives a lazy salute and leaves the house, shutting the door behind him. After lunch, I have the trio meditate while I bring Akamaru back from the summoning realm.

I set up the Shogi boards and wait for them to finish. Once I call the time I make clones of myself to play against the Genin while I sharpen and polish Kubikiribocho. It became a sort of downtime for us. The Shogi wasn't as competitive as training, mostly because they were all decent at strategy. I head to the armory, disabling the blood seal Kiba and I managed to make. I grab a sharpening stone and polish and head back down to my Genin.

I sit down and begin sharpening my blade. I made idle conversation with my Genin as they play before a comfortable silence settles over us. We sit in comfortable silence before another knock sounds at the door. I scan the chakra, which was unfamiliar to me. I motion for Kiba to answer. "Ah, ANBU-san. What is it?" "Hokage-sama requests you four's presence." He nods. "Probably a last-minute mission." I unhook my Kusarigama from my back and set it by my sharpening block. 'I'll sharpen it later.'

I hook Kubikiribocho to my back and set several weapons onto my person. The team, now knowing where we are all going, individually teleport ourselves outside of the Hokage's office, Kiba grabbing onto a slightly bigger Akamaru. Once we are all accounted for I knock. We enter after a faint 'come in' is heard from the other side. We enter the office. "Hello, Hokage-sama. What is it you called us here for?" He smiles. "I've heard you are training your team very hard, and after watching their training, I can not help but agree that they deserve a promotion." I see the trio's eyes widen, but they keep their mouth shut. "Congratulations on your promotion to Chunin." I smile at them.

He clears his throat. "At least, that is what you will appear to be. You are of low-jounin rank at least. What I am about to give you is an A-Rank, if not S-Rank mission. Do you accept?" I watch the trio as they nod, determination burning brightly in their eyes. He smiles, and motions for an ANBU to do something. Four ANBU appear in front of each one of us, each one holding a set of clothing and a unique ANBU mask. I look up at the third, who smiles. "Welcome to ANBU Jaguar, Wolf, Beetle, and Lemur. (Akahana, Kiba, Shino, and Hinata respectively) Now, to explain your mission. We believe there is a traitor in our midst that will be attending the exams. You are to find them and eliminate them. Understood?" Chorus of yes follow. An ANBU comes up and gives us each the ANBU mark with a brush and ink. Afterward, the Hokage dismisses us but keeps me there. "Hokage-sama, what else is it?" he sighs. "I normally wouldn't ask this of young ninja such as yourself, but I need you to take them out to get their first kills. It will be easier to eliminate the target once detected." The Hokage takes the drag out of his pipe. I nod.

"Take them bounty-hunting. The amount for the bounties is yours to keep. Be in ANBU attire when going. Dismissed." We bow and leave. "Alright, we have a mission to be tracking down and eliminating some rouge-nin who have been threatening Konoha." "Akahana," Hinata starts. "Yes?" "An ANBU mission so soon?" I nod. "He wants us to get accustomed to our ANBU attire before the exams." She nods.

"Alright let's get packed, I want to be at the gates in 20 minutes. Pack weapons, Kunai, Shuriken, Wire, and of course your signature weapon." We each go into our separate rooms I grab several scrolls for storing the heads and set them in Scroll holders on my belt. I slip into my ANBU attire and head into the Armory. I set Kubikiribocho there and grab my claws, fans, and daggers. I check my belt and make sure I have my various herbs, medicines, and pills needed for the mission.

I slip on my mask and teleport to the gate. "Let's go."