Chapter 15: Catching up

As I set the last dish on the table a knock sounds. "Kiba! Can you get the door and lead them to the living room?" I call. "Yeah, I'll get it!" I grab the plates from the counter and place them in the correct places, along with cups and silverware. I place a bowl down on the floor for Akumaru and stand up straight. I smile and go into the living room, where Kiba is talking about how we got moved in here. I clear my throat and look at my old teammates. "I'm glad you came, we have a lot to talk about." Monomi fiddles with the blue bandana around her neck. "I'm surprised you even kept those." They look up in surprise. "It's actually how I knew it was you two." Daisuke grins. "Says the one still wearing the hair clip I gave you." I stick my tongue out at him childishly. I look at Monomi. "And yes, I kept your bracelet." She smiles. I clap my hands, getting everyone's attention. "Anyway, dinner is on the table. Feel free to get anything to drink that we have."

Daisuke chuckles. "You still do that clapping thing." I throw a pebble at him. "Shut up." He laughs and moves to the table. My team are talking to the genin while Monomi, Daisuke, and I are making small talk. Once dinner is Finished I settle the Genin and my team in the living room playing a boardgame, and I lead my old teammates to the armory. Once we are in there their jaws drop at the sight of my various weapons. Kubikiribocho hung on one of the walls, surrounded by my main weapons. Father's headband is placed above Kubikiribocho, with Haku's and mine beside his. I trace my fingers over the deep slash in Fathers head band before turning to my ex-teammates.

"Alright, let's get to it." I settle onto the padded mats. Monomi looks at Daisuke before taking a deep breath. "Why did you leave?" I sigh and fiddle with the bandages around my knuckles. "It wasn't anything to do with you two. Moreover, our Sensei." That caused the two to perk up. "Kaido-Sensei? What does he have to do with you leaving?" I sigh. "I caught mother having and affair with him right before Father left. And once Father left, mother kicked me out. She claimed that 'I looked too much like that monster.'" I see their eyes widen.

"We knew that they got together about 6 months after you left, but we had no clue..." Monomi trails off. I nod. "Mother and Brother hit me before throwing me into the street. They stated that 'There was no room in the house for a demon like me.' My own Brother stared at me like I was the most disgusting thing in the world." I looked down. "The reason I didn't tell you is because I knew you would try to stop me from leaving, and I just couldn't stay there. Not without Father. I'm sorry for abandoning you guys, but I knew the moment you saw me you would try and get me to come back to Kiri, and I couldn't go back." They nod, looking at me sadly.

"We won't tell our supervisors that we found you." I look at Daisuke questioningly. He smiles. "You seem to love Konoha, and the people you met. We don't want to risk a war, especially with the alliance being shaky getting the new Mizukage and all." I smile. "Thanks you guys." They smile back. "So... What's going on between you and that Inuzuka boy?" Monomi questions with a sly smile. "What's with you and Daisuke?" She turns red. "Touche." I flip my hair. "I know." We laugh slightly. "So, how is Mother and Brother doing?" Monomi grimaces.

"Your Mother and Sensei are married." My jaw drops. "What?! Seriously?!" Daisuke nods. "Your Mother and Brother will be coming here to watch the third part of the exams. Something about being ambassadors..?" I groan. "Great..." Daisuke places a hand on my shoulder. "We'll try and keep them away from you. We know you'll be watching your team participate." I smile. "Thanks."

Daisuke's eyes drift to my father's sword. "Father and Haku died in battle. Haku gave up his life for Father, and Father died from his injuries after killing Gato." Monomi's eyes soften. "I'm sorry Aka..." I smile. "It's alright. I know Father and Haku are in a better place now." There is a pause. "You kept your headband." I look at him. "You kept your Kiri headband, even after leaving Kiri and joining Konoha. Why?" I shrug. "It's a part of my past. It keeps me pushing forward, makes me remember why I do things in the first place."

I see Daisuke take a glance at his wrist. He lets out a low whistle. "I think it's time we retire. It's 9:30 and the Genin want to do some shopping before the exams." I nod and walk them out of the armory. They swiftly gather up their Genin and smile. Daisuke turns to me. "Thank you Akahana, for explaining. We'll see you at the exams." I smile and nod. Once they head out I turn to my team, who look at me exhausted. "Come on, let's get the pillows and blankets out. We are sleeping together until everyone can sleep peacefully." They nod sleepily and rush to get the blankets.

I grab the pile of pillows and set them on the couch, waiting for the trio to bring the blankets. My eyes drift to Akamaru, who was half-asleep on the couch. I scratch behind his ears as he lets out a yawn. I smile softly, before getting an idea. I nick my thumb and summon Kitai, she is a younger wolf, and one of my summons. She and Akamaru seem to really like each other. Akumaru perks up and Kitai walks over to him. They snuggle up to one another, Akumaru placing his head on her back.

Kiba comes barreling into the living room. He quickly set up the blankets into part of the Palate. I grin. "What's got you so excited?" He turns to me. "I have something to show you. In the morning, but I have something to show you." I raise a brow. "Can you not tell me now?" He shakes his head. "Nope, I can't." I look at him unamused. He chuckles and pulls me into a hug. "It's nothing bad. I just want to do something for you." I look at him. "You know you don't have to do that right?" He nods. "I know. I just wanted to spoil you." I smile and kiss his cheek. "Thank you." I stare into his eyes, slowly closing the gap between us. "No problem." He mutters, his breath hot on my lips.

'Click' I step back from Kiba and look at the source of the noise. Hinata stood there giggling, a camera in her hands. I feel my face grow hot. "Hinata, give me that!"