Chapter 22: Lunch with the Team 10

When Kiba and I make it back to the hotel, it was almost noon. We enter our room and change into our uniforms before exiting and meeting Shino and Hinata in the lobby. "How has your day been so far?" Hinata shrugs and places her hands in her pockets. "It's been alright, aside from Shikamaru pestering us on how we got to strong." I laugh and shake my head. "I wouldn't have expected anything different. Let's go grab some lunch, I want your opinions on this seal Kiba and I have been working on. We also have to tell you of something strange that happened this morning." They nod and we head to a small barbeque shop, settling into a seat away from windows.

I shift, turning to Kiba quietly. "I've been feeling eyes on me ever since we entered the training ground, have you?" He nods and orders a few drinks for us. I turn to Hinata and Shino, linking my fingers and putting them under my chin. "Okay, getting the strange thing out. This morning there was a white-haired girl who reacted to my last name, like it was familiar to her, along with a brown-haired girl who is convinced I am a main branch member of some clan. She looked very similar to me, only lighter brown hair and blue eyes. Ever since we got to a training ground I've felt eyes on me, Kiba says the same." We pause as the waiter comes back with our drinks and asks for our orders. Once he leaves Hinata looks back to me, eyebrows furrowed. "That is strange, could it be possible that you are in a clan?" I shrug. "My mothers clan died out long ago, and my father isn't from any clan that I know of."

Kiba sighs, placing his hand under his chin. "It is possible that you are distantly linked to a clan, but your father was unaware. Is it possible your brother could be the same?" I shake my head. "My brother is technically my half-brother. My mother had him before she met my father." I rub my temples. "Is there any other Kekkei Genkai that you may have that you know of?" Shino asks. I shake my head once again. "My father never told me much about his family, only that his family brought him to Kiri." The waiter brings our food and I pick up a piece of beef with my chopsticks and shove it into my mouth. "This whole thing is as equally frustrating as it is bothersome. I can't think of any clan I could be related to. I have my mother's Kekkei Genkai, but she is no longer in her clan due to the laws that governed her clan that she broke. I don't know what else it could be other than my father, but my father is dead, so I can't ask him easily." Kiba grabs my hand. "How about we consult Shikamaru on this? With his mind he should be able to help." I sigh and unseal the scroll containing the seals we had been working on.

I hand one to Hinata to let her examine while I take another bite of food. "It's a capture and containment seal. It will bind an enemy in place and silence them until it is released. Makes it easier to capture enemy forces." Kiba points out. Hinata scans it over quickly. "You should probably add in a chakra restraint seal too, just to make sure they can't use any chakra to break it."

We finish our meals quickly and make our way to the training ground we were at prior. It had a small amount of trees(which could barely be considered trees, more like tall bushes) and small patches of grass, with large sandstone boulders. I set the seal on the boulder and add a chakra restraint into it. I turn around and look at my teammates, who pale slightly and back away. "Let's do some training. Kiba and I have a seal, you run from us. If we catch you within 2 hours you will be in this seal until dinner. You have a 3 minute head start." Hinata turns and starts sprinting away from us, while Shino teleports. I let the facade drop and I start laughing once they are far enough away. I create a few shadow clones and send them after my teammates, turning and linking my fingers with Kiba. "Lets go explore, I want to get a new weapon." He smiles and kisses my cheek. "Sure babe, let's go see what kind of crazy weapons we can find here."

After a short walk we make it to a weapons shop. I push open the door and my eyes widen at the unique weapons that lined the walls. I let go of Kiba's hand and follow a pull to one side of the room. There laid the most beautiful weapon I had seen. It was a halberd, with a blade on the bottom. The blade was a brilliant blue, with small lapis-colored crystals holding the blade to the staff. The staff itself was a silver, probably made out of tungsten, and seemingly able to hold chakra too. I place my hand on the center of the staff, feeling a familiar hum of connection. "Are you finding everything alright miss?" I snap out of my trance-like state and turn to meet a brown-haired violet eyed male. I smile at him, trying to push the similarity of him to another man out of my head. "Ah, no thanks. Just admiring this halberd. What metal is the blade?" He turns to the halberd. "This halberd's blade is a mix of chakra metal and a rare form of titanium, where it got this color. The staff itself  is made of a tungsten and chakra metal mixture. You want to give it a quick test?" He raises a brow at me and I nod eagerly, picking up the weapon and going through a few kata's I had learned. I smile and look at  him. "How much for it?"

He smiles. "Due to it's metal, it is normally very expensive, but since it's been sitting there for almost 4 years, i'll knock the price down. I'll do 2,000 ryo." I hum, looking over the blade. "1,700." His eyes snap up to meet mine. "1,900." I narrow my eyes. "1,800. Final offer." He stares into my eyes for a moment before sighing in defeat. I smile and hand over the money, clipping my new weapon to my back, sealing my Bo-Staff into my wrist. "Thank you sir. Kiba, you pick anything out?" I turn around to see him trying on a pair or wrist blades. I motion to the clerk. "How about those?" He looks at them. "900 Ryo." "800." He nods and I once again hand over more money. "Thank you... What's your name again?" I scratch the back of my head. He laughs. "Ryuu Tekana, and yours?" I smile and point at myself. "I'm Akahana. That idiot," I jerk a thumb in Kiba's direction. "Is Kiba Inuzuka. We are on a mission here and since we have a day before it starts we figured we should check out the store." He seems to freeze as his eyes widen and he scans my face. I sweatdrop at his actions, a small uncomfortable smile on my face. "Anyways, we have kept out teammates busy enough. Thank you again Ryuu, have a good day!" I quickly grab Kiba's hand and drag him out of the shop. I dispel the clones. We teleport to the training ground and I can't help but laugh at the tired and angry forms of my teammates.

"Good training?" Hinata glares at me, huffing and on her knees. "Fuck you." I smile. "You got your endurance up slightly though, right?" She snorts at me but does not lighten her glare. I sigh and stretch, feeling satisfied at the popping of my back. "So, now that we have gotten that taken care of, let's meditate. Then we can head back tot the hotel before inviting Shikamaru's team for dinner. I'm sure there is a good restaurant somewhere around here."

We settle in to meditate and relax. I control my chakra around my body, raising a brow when I feel a tingling near my sternum. I shrug it off and spin the chakra, circulating it around my body in varying ways, clockwise, counter-clockwise, left, right, out, and in. After a short while I allow my chakra to fade, standing up and stretching. I look to my team and let and evil grin slip across my face. I manipulate a small water-jutsu and hold it over their heads. 'This, is for all of the crap you gave me when I first started training y'all.' I could barely hold in my snickers as I teleported to my hotel room, before erupting in laughter at the sight of a drenched Hinata and Shino, who were glaring at me like soggy cats.

I stare at the ceiling and smile. 'Looks like I'm starting to open up again.'