Expect the unexpected

"What?" I all most spit in his face.

"Well, after checking you, there is no reason to save the pregnancy or the baby. Your placenta has ruptured, I'm guessing caused by stress.

And in order to even hope about saving your daughter you have to be at least 24 weeks. Your a month short. I'm sorry." He says.

I can see the grief in his eyes, he truly is sorry. Peeta comes in. I feel so embarrassed I just told Haymitch I was expecting.

"Katniss what's going on?" He frantically asks. I ignore him.

"Wait you said daughter?" Putting all my attention to the doctor.

"Yes, while doing the check up the ultrasound confirmed it was a girl."

"What do you mean was?" I feel so guilty right now.

"Peeta I am having a miscarriage."

"You new about this didn't you? You knew this would happen, that's you were hiding from us at the doctors office." He starts yelling now," And you didn't do anything about it! Didn't say anything. I just told Effie and Katniss' mother!"

"You what?" I say getting angry, but the pain is coming back. The medication is wearing off.

"I am incredibly sorry but now we must take Katniss to surgery." The doctor says.

Peeta reaches for my hand. Letting me know that after all we've been through, just like always well get through thus together. That's when I tears come.