A Christmas Morning

I told Peeta before we continued that these we're just kisses and that things wouldn't get to far. Well.... Things got to far. Way to far. It was a hot and heavy mess. We actually didn't wake up till 10 am and Peeta was late for work.

2 months have passed and its now December when I've missed my period, knowing what this means... I decide to tell Peeta on the perfect day if the month, Christmas.

××××××××××Chriatmas Day××××××××××

I wake to the smell of pancakes and eggs...

Eggs.

I've been having morning sickness almost everyday and its been so hard to keep this pregnancy from Peeta.

On time he saw me throwing up, and it took me forever to convince him that it was just the flu. Thank god its fall. I end up seeing last nights dinner, a half pound bird, cheese bread (which I've been craving), And soup, re-appear and I flush it down the toilet.

Peeta sings my name, "Katniss honey, breakfast."

I tell him to give me a minuet. And pull something from out of my pillow case. A pregnancy test. Even though I am 99.9% sure I am pregnant this is how I want to tell him. I find it kind of funny how peeing on a plastic stick can mean so much to someone.

After I go, a pink addition sign shows up on the plastic test( which I already knew), and I sanitize it and put it in a Christmas present box.

When I get down stairs we eat and I rush him to get to the presents.

"Okay okay... Ready to see what I've got you?!" He's like a small child bursting will excitement and energy.

I pull the first thing out of the bag. New hunting boots. I've recently went back hunting to try and shake off my depression after... Camellia. I start tearing up and hug him tight, but I loosen my grip after I remember I'm pregnant.

"Hey your not done;There's one more thing in that bag."

When I reach down I feel something small and soft. When I pull it out. I drop it and start sobbing right then and there. I can see him smiling and I hug him again and kiss him. He rubs my stomach. He knows.

Peeta got me little white baby shoes made of soft yarn-like material.

"When did you find out?"

"Katniss I've known you for over 15 years.'' He laughs, "and I saw the pregnancy test in your pillow case."

"Well then your going to really like what confirms your theory." He opens the box. And smiles.

"Thank you! Again, Thank you a thousand times!" He says.

We both celebrate on joy and then I tell Peeta that we're not done. We are going to spread our Christmas joy. We are going to deliver presents to Haymitch and Delly. I just make it clear that were not telling anyone I'm pregnant till find a new doctor and/or I pass 20 weeks.

"Ready if you are." I say

He flashes me a smile, then kisses me. Its been a long time since I've seen him smile like that.

"Let's go then." He says. Then we are on our way. Smile with smile; Hand in hand.