27.] I Failed Her: Jughead

Part 2 of 'I've Got You'

Jughead loses Y/N after she was kidnapped

He didn't move from his spot next to her for days. Archie, Kevin, FP, Tom, and Fred all tried to get him to at least go to the cafeteria to eat.

He wouldn't.

Jughead would sit next to Y/N's bed, holding her hand and kissing her knuckles while whispering words of encouragement and love to her.

He would listen to the heart monitor beep slowly as she fought for her life. All Jughead felt was guilt.

He's why she's laying here and not back at her house with her family.

"Jug?" a voice asked and he looked up from Y/N's face still bruised but beautiful face.

"Betts," he said softly as the blond walked into the room and stood across the bed from Jughead.

"How are you?"

"The love of my life is dying Betty. How do you think?" Jughead snapped and quickly glanced at the heart monitor. Still beeping.

"The doctors are hopeful," Betty said softly as she looked at Y/N.

"Peabody and her gang of brainless monkeys beat her to death. It's all my fault!" Jughead cried.

"No Jug. It's not. Y/N should never have been walking alone at night, but that doesn't mean this should have happened. We have to remember it's Riverdale. You aren't to blame and neither is she. Peabody didn't need to take her or beat her," Betty tried to reason but she knew it was a dead end. Everyone has been trying to tell Jug the same thing.

"Betty, she's not supposed to be here," he said as he studied Y/N's bruised and cut face. Her eyelids were closed and there was no movement from under them and the ventilation tube was still down her throat.

"At least come with me and Archie to his place so you can shower and change," Betty begged and glanced at the door behind Jug, where Archie was standing.

"I can't leave her!" Jughead yelled and a strangled sob fell from his lips. Betty was startled and Archie ran to Jug's side, holding him close.

"Y/N will kill you if she finds out you didn't take care of yourself. You know her. She's fighting Jug. You can't take care of her if you don't take care you. Kevin and Sheriff Keller are in the waiting room and they promised to come in here and sit with her until you come back," Archie said as he held his broken best friend.