34.] You're My Greatest Gifts: Will

Will's reaction to the new edition in his life

(A/N: Will is 26, Poe is alive, Stella & Will never fell in love, Stella hasn't gotten new lung, and I am still horrible with hospital/nursing/cystic fibrosis so please bare with me!)

*F/N= first name; M/N= middle name*

He couldn't believe it.

He seriously couldn't believe it.

This was actually happening! Someone needs to pinch Will because he thinks he is dreaming.

"Will!"

He looked up from his feet, which he has been staring at for the last 10 minutes, pacing outside the hospital room. He had his left thumb up by his mouth as he nibbled on the skin lightly. (A/N: i do this which is why i added that-nervous tick)

"Poe! Stella!" he said as he smiled in relief when he saw Poe and Stella rushing down the hallway.

"We got here as soon as we could. Anything new?" Stella asked as they came to an abrupt stop, 6 feet away from each other.

Stella was still fighting with the cystic fibrosis that took over her lungs, waiting on lungs. Poe had a transplant at age 21 and with new research and discovery Will was able to have the transplant at age 23.

"No. Dr. Kingston is in there giving her some pain meds. I needed to wait out here because I was beginning to panic," Will admitted.

Stella nodded, sitting down in a plastic chair that was next to the hospital door. Poe stood down away from her against the wall.

"This is really happening huh?" Poe asked excitedly and Will looked over at him, a large smile gracing his lips.

"It is. Can't believe it. Kept telling Y/N to pinch me," he said as he leaned against the nurses station.

Poe went to speak when they heard a scream and a door open, "Y/N wants you Will. She's too far past the point where the epidural will help," Dr. Kingston said as she stuck her head out.

"Go. We will be right here," Stella said and motioned for him to go inside.

"How much longer?" Will asked Dr. Kingston as he walked into the room.

"I'd say about 3 hours. She's progressing very quickly. But right now, she wants her husband."

Will's heart fluttered at that word. He glanced down at his left hand and smiled softly as he saw his gold wedding band sitting on his finger.