Chapter 2: When things doesn't go as planned

"Hey, Kirishima! Wanna go to the library to find some reference for Lost Paradise?" Kaminari asked with a smile.

Yes, this is the first thing he asked as soon as class end because the chance is there. Since Kirishima was in charge of drawing backgrounds, Kaminari thought that would be a great idea if he can invite him to go to the library to find some books for reference. Although this idea is given to him by Todoroki but let's not talk about it right now.

"Sorry Kaminari, maybe not today." Kirishima said.

Kaminari can felt his heart breaking into two from this rejection. Alright, he shall go and plant mushrooms in one corner.

Izuku was in the middle of packing his textbooks into his bag but his bag was too full. He doesn't even have the space to put the yellow plastic file bag that contains the draft of the latest chapter of Lost Paradise inside. But when Izuku saw Kaminari getting his invitation turned down by his crush, he hugged the file close to his chest and gives the blond a look of pity, gently patting him on the back.

"Bakugou, I need to have a man to man talk with you." Kirishima said.

And that was the first thing Kirishima said to Katsuki. Katsuki was surprised to see such a serious-looking Kirishima. Whatever it is, something has have happened and Kirishima need to talk about it to someone. But why him? Surly, that dunce face should be willing enough to listen to whatever Kirishima wants to say right?

"Hah? Can't you talk about it with someone else?" Katsuki asked in an annoyed tone.

"Bakugou's right. You can talk to me about it too, you know. I'll be able to help you out with whatever that's bothering you." Kaminari said, internally praying that Kirishima would say 'yes'. He may sounds desperate but in reality, he really is THAT desperate for Kirishima's attention!

"I'm sorry to say this but you won't be that much of a help, Kaminari. Also, this is something that only Bakugou can understand so I need to talk to him alone."

"Oh... is that so..." Kaminari muttered.

As someone who find out that Kaminari has feelings for Kirishima, he seriously pity this Pik*chu right now. That rejection must have hurts like a fucking bitch.

"Fucking fine. Deku, go ahead with dunce face." Katsuki said.

"O-okay." Izuku nodded.

-o-o-o-

Once Kaminari and Izuku left the school, the two of them is walking side by side. Izuku was trying his best to cheer up a deeply depressed Kaminari but the damage that has been done was far too great.

"He said I won't be helpful... I guess that's true. Since I'm the dumbest one in the class... haha..." Kaminari laughed. Although the look is his eyes is clearly not laughing and is on the verge of crying. "Say Midoriya, is there any more panels that need screentone?"

"Eh? There is but... why are you asking this?"

"I'm going to drown myself in work."

"You're the depressed about it?!"

"Of course! Kirishima has never rejected going out to hang out with me before! This is the first time and I'm deeply shocked! I'm sure that you'll also feel the way if your 'Kacchan' were to turn down your invitation!"

"I won't-" Izuku paused as he thought about it carefully. He and Katsuki has always been together and if there's a place they need to go, they will went there together. If Katsuki were to tell him things like 'I'm not going today' on one day, Izuku probably would be shocked by it as well.