Chapter 17: Summer and double date

It has been a really long time since Kaminari last put on a yukata and he never thought that he'll be wearing it for today's summer festival. A plain black yukata with white obi, nothing too fancy or eye catching.

Why are they going to the summer festival when they still has unfinished homework and manga panels left? It was mostly because of Ashido, Sero and Todoroki, who has been persisting him, Kirishima, Izuku and Katsuki into going for the past eight hours.

Really, that shoujo manga group are damn freaking scary. They keep popping out of nowhere like ghost and Kaminari has lost count of how many times he has screamed when he saw them.

This morning, he was having a wonderful dream about him and Kirishima going on a date at the beach but that sweet dream was ruined by one morning call from Ashido. On the phone she keep telling him to go to the festival and how fun it would be.

Later, on the way to school he ran into Sero, who is also trying to get him to go to the festival. At lunch time, he, Kirishima, Izuku and Katsuki was discussing about Lost Paradise when suddenly, Ashido and Sero start to talk about the summer festival loudly while sitting next to them.

One of the scariest part is when he went to the toilet with Izuku after school, Todoroki was there. The jump scare they got is something that is even frightening than a horror movie. To be honest, they screamed like little girls and that's deeply embarrassing.

At the end of the day, they give up and the shoujo mangaka group won.

And since they are going to the festival, Kaminari made sure he got his stun gun prepared. Because whenever there are many people around, crazy girls will defiantly set their eyes on Kirishima. This happen almost every time when they are on their date and to be honest, it's starting to become both tiring and annoying.

Letting out a sigh, Kaminari couldn't help but to wonder if there's any way for him to stop those girls from looking at his manly boyfriend. Sure, Kirishima is a nice guy but he's taken for god's sake! As much as he want to complain about it openly, he knows that Izuku must be facing the same problem as him. Since Izuku's (angry blond haired) boyfriend is also good looking despite having a foul mouth.

Kaminari look at his surrounding and he noticed something. There are girls wearing yukata but... why is he the only guy who is wearing a yukata? This is the summer festival right? Should everyone (or majority of them) be wearing a yukata?

"Kaminari-kun!" Izuku called out as he ran towards his friend, who is waiting for everyone at the train station.

Turning around, Kaminari was relief to see that Izuku was wearing a dark green yukata. This means that he's not the only guy who is wearing it!

"Thank god, I wasn't the only guy here who is wearing a yukata." He said his thoughts out loud unintentionally.

"Yes, it's pretty rare to see a guy wearing yukata after all." Izuku smiled.

"It was rare? But in the dating games I've been playing, almost everyone is wearing one!"

"Because games isn't the same as reality." Izuku laughed softly. Then, he pointed at the location where the festival is being held. "Anyway, let's go. Kacchan and Kirishima-kun is already waiting for us."

"Eh?! I thought I was the first one to arrival!!" Kaminari exclaimed in shock.

"Didn't you check your message? I'm pretty sure that Kirishima would send you a message to tell you that he's here."

"I didn't receive any message. That guy... I'm guessing that his phone is probably either battery dead or he forgot to bring it."

Izuku gives Kaminari a weary smile as the two of them begin to make their way towards the area where the summer festival is being held. Since it not that far away, it only took them five minutes to reach there by walking. Even though there are many people around, it was pretty easy for them to Katsuki and Kirishima... mainly due to the fact that there are many young women nearby, who is looking at the two handsome guy with the eyes of a predator. And guess what? Both Katsuki and Kirishima doesn't seems to notice the looks from those ladies!