Chapter 17

A/N  Listen to the song above

September

"Should I wear jeans, or a dress, Sky?"

My friend finally tore her eyes away from the photography magazine she was reading on my bed. After I had talked to Louise for a good hour, I called Sky to lend me a hand with getting ready for my conversation with Aiden tonight.

"If you want to give Aiden easy access, wear the dress."

"He's coming over to talk, not to get into my pants, Sky."

"Whatever." She chuckled, refocusing on the article.

"You're not helping!" I took away the magazine, making her whine.

"Ellie, he's seen you naked. Whatever you wear will be fine."

"Jeans it is."

"And if you want to have enough stamina for a steamy night with your man, I'd eat first if I were you."

"I've already eaten, and I'll eat with Aiden if what he says doesn't kill my appetite. Although after your trip to my fridge I have to think about what to cook. You left me with nothing."

"That guy of yours cooks like a pro; I couldn't help it. No love for me; that only leaves food. I'm stressed, anyway."

"Why?"

"I need more photoshoots and more money. The girls left good references and paid well, but I'll have to spend everything on the rent next month."

"And your account?"

"Lots of people started to follow it, but what I need are customers."

"Don't stress out." I nudged her shoulder with mine.

"Look who's talking," Sky grinned, "the girl who's been a nervous wreck about 'a simple conversation.'" She air-quoted.

After reassuring me that I looked great, Sky left, and I took my time tidying up the apartment. When it was almost seven, I lit a scented candle in the living room and waited for Aiden.

At seven o'clock sharp, the doorbell rang.

I let Aiden into the building. Soon he was at my door.

He looked as good as ever in his fitted black shirt and jeans.

"Hi," he greeted me, stepping inside.