SEVEN

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Predator or Prey

CHAPTER SEVEN.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Selene felt wet and slimy hands grab her shoulders and she shrugged them off, throwing a punch at the first goblin who tried to grab her again. She kicked another goblin coming her way, when a voice shouted her name. It distracted her, allowing four of the goblins to hold her still and the fifth wrap her upper body and legs in chains. She knew what the chain was for as it was not the first time it happened to her. The chains were to keep her from shifting and killing all the goblins and Selene did her best to get the goblins to release her, but another one ran to help the others. They pinned her to the ground, finally able to wrap the chain around her upper body.

She was angry now. Her eyes went from gold to black and she used her whole body weight to knock two goblins off the wooden bridge. Another goblin grabbed her by her hair and two more held both of her arm, dragging her like a heavy bag.

It took several minutes for the dwarves, Selene and the goblins to arrive in front of the Goblin King, who just ended his singing.

"Catchy, isn't it? It's one of my own compositions." The Goblin King said proudly.

"That's not a song. It's an abomination!" Balin yelled.

"Abomination? Mutations. Deviations. That's all you're gonna find down here." Laughed the goblin. His kind grabbing the weapons from the Company and threw them down at his feet. "Who would be so bold as to come armed into my kingdom?" He sneered, hopping off his throne, shaking the platform they all stood on. "Spies? Thieves? Assassins?"

"Dwarves, Your Malevolence." Answered one of the goblins. "And a Skin-Changer."

The Goblin King narrowed his eyes, "Dwarves? Skin-Changer?"

The goblin who answered his king nodded and gestured to the group, "We found them on the front porch."

"Well, don't just stand there! Search them." He waved at them. "Every crack! Every crevice!"

Right away, the goblins searched the dwarves. The ones who held Selene? They did more than searched, groping her bottom and her breast through the chains, snickering in pleasure when she kneed them away. More goblins stopped her, roughly shoving her to the ground again. Then, taking away her dagger and her twin fighting knives.

"It is my belief, Your Great Protuberance that they are in league with the elves!" Handing a stolen item from Rivendell was snatched by the Great Goblin.

"Made in Rivendell. Ah. Second age. Couldn't give it away." The King tossed it to the side. "What are you doing in these parts?"

"Don't worry lads," Came Oin's voice. "I'll handle this."

Great Goblin pointed at him, "No tricks! I want the truth. Warts and all." He sat back on his throne.

"You're going to have to speak up. Your boys flattened my trumpet." Oin said, raising his ear trumpet that he always used.

"I'll flatten more than your trumpet!" The goblin came down his throne once again, threatening Oin.

Bofur's voice interrupted Great Goblin, "If it's more information you want, then I'm the one you should speak to."

"Mm-hm."

"We were on the road. Well, it's not so much a road as a path. Actually, it's not even that, come to think of it. It's more like a track." Bofur, rambled. Selene wasn't sure if he was stalling or not. "Anyway, the point is, we were on this road, like a path. Like a track. And then we weren't, which is a problem, because we were supposed to be in Dunland last Tuesday."