ELEVEN

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Predator or Prey

CHAPTER ELEVEN.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Twelve months passed.

Twelve months passed ever since the Company got away from Azog's and Nhel's hands. Throughout those twelve months, the Company were pursued by the Orc party.

Selene got to know all of the dwarves and Bilbo more, for the duration of the year. They surprised her everyday with something new. Whether it was being able to dance and shove food in their mouths at the same time or sing and dance as they fought the few enemies they came across all year round.

The same goes for the Company; they learned a new fact from Selene almost everyday. She amazed them often, showing off her skills and abilities as a dragon. She was more used to being in her dragon form, which was why she wasn't really good when it came to hand-to-hand combat. The dwarves did offer to train and spar with her, she accepted some of their requests, to practice for the day when she wouldn't be able to shift into her dragon form.

Selene and Gandalf spoke more to each other, after the young woman found out from the wizard that her mother was alive. Well, there was a small chance that she was. Though, the last time Gandalf saw Selene's mother was way back before the quest even started. He could not remember the exact details, but one thing for sure, she didn't look happy nor did she look sad.

Another thing, the Company were also on the lookout for, was a witch. The day when Selene's vision stopped appearing, after Nhel told the dragon-woman herself; Selene could never see a vision when her eyes went black. The only thing she could see was darkness. A vision would never come. All she got was pain, whenever she tried to fight off the magic.

She screamed until tears would roll down her cheeks. It really hurt her and weakened her, to the point where she just wanted to turn herself in to Nhel, every time it happened. But Thorin was always there to comfort her and she was grateful for that.

Now, Selene and Bilbo, sat on a ridge as they scouted their surroundings. The howls and the barking from the wargs reached their ears and the both of them peeked over a small rock. Azog and Nhel were leading their Orc party, and they were not too far away - yet still too close - from where they were stopped at. They both ducked down when Azog's ice, cold eyes rotated in their direction.

Selene listened quietly at the sound of the warg's paws running off again. She nudged Bilbo once the coast was clear.

Bilbo sighed in relief from next to her, watching the Orc party run off in a different direction. Their moment was interrupted by the sound of another creature growling. Selene took cover and dragged Bilbo down with her, as the both of them leaned forward to get a look at the creature.

It was a bear. A big, black bear. Though, it was a tad bit larger than a regular bear. It snarled as it watched the Orc pack run off.

Selene felt Bilbo poke her side and she gazed down at him. He frantically began moving his hand around and his head, motioning in the direction where the others were.

'Go back.' He mouthed at her. It took a minute for her to process the words, before she agreed and they silently sneaked off.

Bilbo broke into a fast-paced walk in front of her, she easily kept up. Once they reached the spot, the others were, Thorin and Dwalin were the first to greet them.

"How close is the pack?" Thorin asked.

Bilbo shook his head, "Too close. A couple of leagues, no more." He hopped off the ledge like steps. Selene wasn't far behind.