Chapter 33 Touring with Diavolo Pt2

(Hopefully one day Obey Me will give us Diavolo's reason for wanting to do in the Exchange Program. Until then here is my made up version ☺)

Day 6

Part 2

Hana

We went to a small restaurant for lunch before heading out again. This time to a place that over looked the valley where the town lay below.

"I like to come up here, especially when the days become too long. It helps remind me of the lives that depend on me as their next King of the Devildom. When I was younger my father tried to groom me into his shadow, and I'm ashamed to say that for awhile I was. But I was a born demon, but my mother was not my father's bond mate, conception is very low between couples who are not intended mates. But my father, being the cruel man that he was, took my mother against her will nightly until she conceived, it took almost 50 years. Of course I was unaware of this until one day in a fit of anger my father killed my mother, not long after that I found her journals. She wrote of the abuse she suffered under my father's hands, but she also wrote of her overwhelming LOVE for me. My mother loved me, even though I came from a man she hated. She loved me, but she was also scared for me. She was afraid that I would walk down the same path as him when I held a light inside me that grew dimmer with each passing year that I walked under him. When my mother was killed and I found her writings I knew I couldn't let him continue destroying the Devildom and by destroying the Devildom it would take the Human and Celestial Realm with it." I hold on to Diavolo's hand as he continues his story.

"I locked my father, the previous Demon King in an enchanted sleep. I couldn't kill him, I didn't have the power to do so then. My father is part of the very Devildom itself, but soon I'll be crowned King of the Devildom. I know soon I will have a choice to make about my father, he isn't the type to be reformed. I along with Lucifer and his brothers need to erase my father's existence to keep him from undoing all the we have been working towards. It's my job to protect all the Demons and Creatures in the Devildom. I can't let my people down. But I can't do that until I'm crowned King of the Devildom."

"Diavolo..." I'm not sure what to say, his features don't give anything away, but I can feel the pain radiating from inside him. I wrap my arms around his neck and his find my waist as he pulls me closer. I rub the hair at the back of his neck and I feel him kissing the top of my head.

"I'll tell you more, later. I feel like I can tell you this now. There's a lot you still don't know, it would take years to tell you everything you should know. But I guess the same could be said for the others. But you accept them for who they are now."

"I know all of you have a past, and you've lived years beyond my imagining. I also know you've all done things that I won't agree with." Diavolo backs away from me but I grab ahold of him. He isn't going anywhere.

"However, all of you are mine now. I accept the fact the I'll probably never know everything that there is to know about each of you, I also accept the fact that there are going to be things each of you have done that I won't agree with. But I want to learn. Will you let me Diavolo?" He looks down at me.