Closeness

They were still sitting in each other's embrace.

Naira: Ghar chalein? Bohot time hogya hai.
Kartik: Okay chalo.

They both went to Naira's home.

The house was empty. Naira turned on the lights.

Kartik: Uncle Aunty kahan hain?
Naira: Woh ghar nai hoty. Usually raat ko hi aate hain. She sighed.
Anyways You want to eat something?

Kartik: Uhh cupcakes. Dude I seriously missed them.
Naira: You missed cupcakes not me?
Kartik: Tum toh jaan ho lekin cupcakes ko thoda zada miss kiya.

She hit his shoulder lightly, he chuckled and they both went towards kitchen.

They both ate cupcakes and Naira took Kartik to her room.

Kartik: Woahh! You've a nice room.
He said looking around.

Naira: You must be tired. Take some sleep it's almost time.
Kartik: Yahan?
Naira: Toh aur kahan?
Kartik: I mean your parents-
Naira: I told you they come late night.
Kartik: Have you told them about us?
Naira: No.
Kartik: What? You haven't told them about us and you took me to your home?
Naira: They don't really need to know what's going on in my life. They don't have any right on my life as I don't have on their life.
Kartik: But still-
Naira: Kartik please I don't want to talk about this.
Kartik: Naira, you're hiding something?

She didn't replied and started arranging the bed. He made her sit and held her hands.

Kartik: Naira, what's the matter?
Naira: Kuch nai Kartik. I want to sleep please.
Kartik: Ab mujhe bhi nai btao gi?

Tears started flowing from her eyes. He took her in hug. She started crying.

After a while, she stopped crying. He cupped her face and wiped her tears.

Kartik: Ab btao kya hua hai?
Naira: My parents, they..they got divorced.
Kartik: What? When?
Naira: When I came back from India. The first thing they said to me was that they got divorced and they were home only to inform me that. Its been a week I don't know where they're. Mumma called once, Dad didn't even bothered.
Kartik, mujhe humesha se happy family chaiye thi. Happy nai thi atleast family toh thi. Ab woh bhi nai hai. She said and again started crying.

Kartik: Hey, hey...don't cry. Look at me.
I know you're hurt but now it's fine. It's fine for you and for your parents. They're free to live their life as they want and with whom they want. And you're also free from everything, from daily fights, from daily sufferings.
Jo hona tha woh hogaya. Now start fresh. And trust me everything will be alright. You don't deserve this, okay? You don't deserve this life. You've already suffered a lot. Now don't make it more tough for you. You're listening to me?

She nodded and smiled a bit.

Kartik: Tum aik week se akele reh rahi ho?

She again nodded.

Kartik: Naira agar aisi baat thi. You should've told me. Main tab hi aa jata tumhary paas.
Naira: I didn't wanted to bother you.
Kartik: Naira, what made you think like that? You can never bother me. Ab agay se agar aisi koi bhi baat hogi toh tum btao gi mujhy, okay?