Waking Up

Notes: 

I've been stressing over my old doggies health as of late, to top it off my mom is making condescending comments trying to shift all the blame on me and I agree with her in some cases but she doesn't need to constantly point it out every chance I feel like shit, honestly.

Anyway, this depressed and exhausted writer is finally updating. I really want to finish book 5 of The Cousins He Never Mentioned series but the ending is stumping me, grrr.

Enjoy.

<><><>

/

Stiles POV:

I clutched my head. Ow, I look up to see Klaus on the floor. Ah, he must've heard the screaming too, considering the blood on the side of his face. 

I look for Peter, I can't see him, but I listen to him groan somewhere on the floor behind me. 

Lydia unaffected as ever is sitting beside me. I feel the blood stop well, more like my ears healing. I try to stand, but I fall on my face.

" Ugh, never do that close to my head again." I wipe the blood away.

"Someone do me the favor and explain what the hell just happened. What are you?" Klaus says, getting off the floor looking at Lydia.

Lydia just sighed and flipped her hair over her shoulder,

"I woke Stiles up by screaming. I'm a banshee; my screams are quite potent."

I hear Peter quietly mocking Lydia behind the couch as he gets up, it's funny hearing Peter repeat what Lydia said in a high pitched voice. I almost laughed out loud.

"A Banshee must say you are my first. And with a voice like that, hopefully, my last. I think everyone in the state heard that scream. But you did wake him, so there is that." Klaus said, sitting himself down on an armchair.

I look to Lydia,

"How did you find us? I mean, I don't get it, why are you here? I thought you guys hate me for the Theo thing and the killing thing?" I said, confused.

Peter sits next to me, even though there isn't any room for him with Lydia, and I am sitting here, but he wedged himself in there anyway.

Lydia just gave that whole event a weird look,

"I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Scott just said you left and stopped talking to everyone. I asked Malia and Kira, but they had no idea. Theo was talking crap about you and Peter, but after Malia punched him in the face, he stopped. I went to ask your dad, but he's not really talkative, he just poured himself into work. I was about to tell someone you're missing when I get a call from you of all people. But instead of you, Peter's telling me you got in trouble with a witch, and he needs my help into your mind, like the last time when I went in with Scott during the Void days." I look to Peter, who nodded, confirming that he actually called her.

I mean, I trust Lydia, she was my first love and a good friend, but I honestly thought she'd be team Scott in this matter. Honestly, she still might be, it seems no one told her what went down.

"Right, I guess to catch you up, the quick story is Donavon was chasing me, you know the guy who threatened my dad. Well, he was chasing me trying to kill me, and as I was running away, I accidentally dropped a pipe through his chest while climbing up the scaffolding. And he died. Then I suddenly turn into a werewolf."

Lydia gasps,

"What?"

I wave her off so I can explain in my story.

"There are two types of werewolves. Peters kind and my kind apparently. My kind of werewolf activates through killing someone. Of course, I didn't know that, and all of a sudden, I become a werewolf. Shocking, I know I expected to be human for my whole life. Apparently, it also comes from my mother's side of the family. This is why I'm here because I came over here to see if anyone like my cousin had any information for me, but it seems he's just as new as I am. The reason I left with Peter is that Theo tried to kill me or at least hand me over to the dread doctors, which he's working with them by the way if you didn't know. He also told me he wanted to bring the void back, which is obviously not an option. So Peter and I interrogated him, a bit violently. And he decided to go to my dad and Scott that I am a murderer and that I'm working with Peter and doing evil things. Which they, for some reason, believed him and are mad at me. So hence I left for that reason as well. I don't think Beacon Hills is somewhere I want to be anymore." I finished with finality.

Lydia sat there quietly, then sighed,

"Those idiots. Now I wish Malia did more than punch Theo in the face."

I was a little surprised,

"You believe me?"

Lydia sat back,

"Unlike some idiots, I'm not pretentious and righteous when I have no authority being so. Scott, I don't believe he's completely goody two shoes, and he shouldn't act like everyone else has to be. I mean considering all the people we've known throughout the years how many of them were killers. I mean, you're sitting next to one who went on a murder spree a few years ago, and Scott may not like him, but he didn't completely reject Peter. So I think he's just stupid and is a bad friend to you."

I smile a real smile at Lydia. She is a good friend.

"Thanks," I say, still smiling.

I suddenly remembered Klaus was still here.

"Oh yeah, that's Klaus. He's a new friend of mine. We're currently working together so that he could break a curse that's on him. I don't exactly know how I got to be here, though." I said, not really remembering what caused me to go unconscious enough to call in Lydia.

"The Bonnet witch did something to your mind," Klaus said.

Peter piped up interjecting his own piece,

"Yeah, that girl thought Klaus was controlling you and decided that She should go into your mind and remove the other presence in it, which of course, cause some problems, as you know."

It took me a minute to figure out what the different tone in Peter's voice was leading to, but I figured out that Bonnie must've tried to remove my were-fox ability thinking it was Klaus, which would've been horrible. I'm glad that did not happen.

"Ah, I see. Great, just great." I sighed and leaned on Peter's shoulder.

I'm tired even though I probably slept for a while.

"I'm tired, Peter."

Peter nodded,

"Alright, you can go back to sleep. I'll take care of those imbeciles who attacked you."

I leaned back into the couch falling asleep,

"Punch Damon in the face for me," I said, slowly falling asleep.

I think I heard Peter laughing and telling me to just rest, but I can't be sure. I can't really think everything is just going blank into unconsciousness. 

/

<><><>

Notes:

Next chapter Peter is going to fuck some people up. 

And honestly, I can't wait for it.

I hope you enjoyed it!